Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

It’s defeats like this one that make you realise that Arsenal’s invincibles weren’t that special. We chuck the fuckin kitchen sink at it and see what happens - last week it was elation, this week misery but we’re one point better off than if we’d settled.

Thats all fair, and if others made the similar constructive criticisms of a particular game , thats fine. What gets me is the minute we lose those coming out wanting rip it all up and play in ways Pep is never going to play or doubting Pep can see what went wrong, and it will be lots of little things contributing including the world cup, and that he won’t be able to fix it, when all the evidence is he can and will.
Basically throwing the baby out with the bath water, even saw one post saying we’d have won what we’ve won with Pep, with Mourinho and had C/L as well.
Ironic that our two defeats have come in games Grealish hasn’t played, considering he gets the worst stick on here when he plays, a coincidence ?

It's quite beyond me the lack of appreciation in some quarters of just how good Pep and how good the team has been under his guidance.

I saw a claim that most (or all) of our dropped points have come when Grealish has not played; and if that is the case, I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's quite beyond me the lack of appreciation in some quarters of just how good Pep and how good the team has been under his guidance.

I saw a claim that most (or all) of our dropped points have come when Grealish has not played; and if that is the case, I don't think it's a coincidence.
There is a lot of entitlement in this thread. Getting beaten now and then makes it more interesting. We need to think long and hard what this manager has done for this club.

There is a lot of entitlement in this thread. Getting beaten now and then makes it more interesting. We need to think long and hard what this manager has done for this club.

He has produced the best Manchester City side I've seen in 50 years of being a season ticket holder and I don't expect to see a better one after he leaves.

He has produced the best Manchester City side I've seen in 50 years of being a season ticket holder and I don't expect to see a better one after he leaves.
Here, here. Bang on. I think some fans have forgotten about some of the shit we have had to endure over the years before the Sheik arrived

I remember posting something like this last season. "We have these games where we are listless, square pegs in round holes and Pep refusing to make subs to rectify the situation.

Might have been against Palace last season.

For me it's on Pep. Stones will never be a right back, Bernardo a right winger or Phil a left winger. They might do a job there, but at elite level they'll get found out. Or against Brentford

Or, another take, defeat gets City fans on a public forum discussing a poor result and how our manager and players could have approached the game better? Last time I checked a forum was a place for canvassing difference of opinion.

But of course, if we're not licking the arsehole of our infallible manager the Happy Clapper Police are out in full force.
Doubt anybody is happy about the weekend. Not jumping off the nearest bridge doesn’t mean that we’re all content. Happy clapping and not being a fucking soft **** aren’t mutually exclusive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.