Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Cancelo. Where is his head at the moment? Gifts the scousers a goal, then red carded, now booked for diving. Disgraceful!
We have 5 centre backs but instead of them being hungry for game time in the two centre back positions they are being used as full backs so 3 of them get a game. No hunger. No competition!
We have a new exciting left back that Pep won't play - what is going on here!

We have no experienced and proper left backs, capable of defending properly, which is crux of the problem, and Pep refuses to use the kids who normally play in that position.

If you are referring to Gomes as the " new exiting left back " . I'm not sure that you can have watched him play. At this moment in time, he is nowhere near the solution.

Last edited:
Looking ahead to the Arsenal games, they could be the games where Pep implodes completely. We know he overthinks big games but to be facing a team managed by one of his most trusted apprentices who’s team are playing our football but at a much quicker pace and at the moment much more successfully it could tip him tactically over the edge, like playing poker with someone who knows your every move. Extreme outlook but not totally unimaginable.

Looking ahead to the Arsenal games, they could be the games where Pep implodes completely. We know he overthinks big games but to be facing a team managed by one of his most trusted apprentices who’s team are playing our football but at a much quicker pace and at the moment much more successfully it could tip him tactically over the edge, like playing poker with someone who knows your every move. Extreme outlook but not totally unimaginable.
What absolute rubbish.

No, just an extreme outlook. 'Implodes completely'? Wow.

Yes, it's a shame Cancelo has dipped probably when we need him most with Kyle Walker injured. Great outlet in an attacking sense, but a bit iffy defensively at the moment.
FFS 'a bit iffy' hes a fuxking nightmare and always has been...I think he's Pep project but dont understand why...He got rid of Sane who was better than Cancelo AND didnt have defensive duties. Why he's putting up with Cancelo as a FB is beyond me..

FFS 'a bit iffy' hes a fuxking nightmare and always has been...I think he's Pep project but dont understand why...He got rid of Sane who was better than Cancelo AND didnt have defensive duties. Why he's putting up with Cancelo as a FB is beyond me..
Honestly mate, know what you mean. I was being extremely generous in my post but yes, very frustrating. He gets turned far too easily for my liking. We don't look really settled at the back as a whole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.