Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

There’s a lack of pace and physicality throughout the squad and when we’re not on it - as we clearly weren’t today - then we pay for it.

We keep conceding the same type of goal because we haven’t got enough legs in the side. Everyone knows how vulnerable we are to the counter attack but nothing has been done about it during Guardiola’s whole time at City, so you can only conclude that they aren’t planning to buy a different type of player - more physical but perhaps less technical - who could help us defend better.

The squad is very thin this season and players like Gundogan look to have been played far too often, even allowing for the injury situation. The lack of subs today just makes the whole experience much more frustrating. Surely Grealish would have been a better bet in the last half hour than Gundogan or even De Bruyne given how poorly they were playing?

Not sure any of this will change while Guardiola is the manager, so we should expect more of these performances even if we still keep winning trophies.

Theres no middle ground. Hes either superb or a fucking disaster. Too many disasters lately.
The way he carries himself, his smug expressions. If he lined up in midfield or on a forward wing maybe I'd like him more... but the number of times he cocks up on defense is undeserving of his crass attitude much less his apparently automatic starting spot.

I’ll tell you what this World Cup will fuck us up more than any other side,we will have to start all over again as if it’s the start of the season trying to build rhythm and momentum over the first 7-8 games ..

Funny that the Mid-season report will say JOB DONE

Premier League
still very much in our own hands

champions league
Job done and won the group

league cup
beat Chelsea and still in the next round vs liverpool at home

It just feels like we wont win the PL but will get the CL this year. I have just had that feeling since the start of the season now.
No chance with the way were defending. We got to the final when we had a settled 11. Peps changing it every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.