Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

If Grealish had scored a hat-Trick mid week, Guaranteed Pep wouldn't have started him today.

Heaven forbid we get some consistency.

I used to wonder why Pep always Subbed Aguero when he was on a Hat-trick.

I wish he would stop fucking about with the defense, and putting Square Pegs in round Holes just to prove the point he can.Starting to do my Head in watching players playing in the wrong positions just to prove some sort of genius..

Agree with all that but when you settle down a bit and think what Pep and our team has won you got to say he right in everything he does 99.5% of the time

Not much else to add. We always looked second best and vulnerable. Very annoyed that we didn't just shut up shop and take the point. But we got away with one last weekend, two in a two would have been too lucky.

Too many players protecting themselves for the world cup. I'm sick of that floated ball into no one and nothing. I'm sick of no overlaps on the wings. Ref got the piss taken out of him.

We have a few players who, when they have a bad game, have a very, very bad game. The worrying thing, though, was I was looking at the bench and couldn't see a player who could come on and change things.

We've been off the pace since United. Good news is we can get much, much better and we are still there or thereabouts, but Pep has a lot to think about.

Fair play to Brentford they had a plan and executed it perfectly. As for us we kind of played right into their hands - too slow in possession and leaving the final pass to players either not in form or those who tend to be a bit wasteful.

I really thought given the amount of 50/50 challenges happening in and around their box it would have been perfect to bring Jack on - he gets fouled more than any and we missed him today, without him there was a lack of space to work in and every time we got it to John and Cancelo it was so slow they were set up to defend easy balls into the box. Gundo had possibly his worst game for us and look laboured, maybe his final WC on his mind...I cant ever recall him missing so badly with the four chances he had.

I would also have preferred Ruben instead of Akanji today mainly for leadership - we all have to admit we were very poor defensively - not really a unit all game and this was exposed by pace. Ruben seems to have the sort of character that rises to the challenge of playing against an in form striker - Tony had our centre backs in a spin all match.

After the break Pep must stick to a regular back four as the constant changes to give all game time is not ideal.

Anyway let Arsenal, like Liverpool before them, think it's theirs - I still believe we will get 4 points in the two games which will probably decide the title.

To properly review that performance properly you have to factor in fatigue which has been massive the past month with the fixture pile up. Our performances have indicated that. We're tired, and that's before the World Cup starts has been obvious for a month now. At some point Pep has to make use of the 5 subs rule.

Brentford had a plan today, and executed it perfectly. We played into their hands by only using one substitute over basically 100 minutes but they warranted their win. Hats off to them.

But after 60 minutes you could see Kev and Gundo were shattered and had nothing left. Bernardo as well. On the bench there were tactical moves to make by bringing Grealish and Gomez on to create width and get service to Erling but Pep didn't make it for whatever reason. I don't understand it and don't want to take away from Brentford who deserved their win.

But second half of the season post WC Pep has to utilise the squad properly. This is a season like no other and there's no point having a deep squad if we only use 11 plus 1 or 2 garbage time substitutes.

All on Pep. That was a disaster from start to finish. Yes, the players were poor (especially Kev and Gundo), but he had options on the bench and decided not to use them. What an insult to Jack and Riyad after their performances in midweek.

We were dead on our feet and you could tell the goal was coming. Akanji is nowhere near Dias - purple patch over. We really missed Ake and Kyle.

5 points is recoverable, but we have to be so much better after the World Cup.
We might get lucky with Arsenal tonight but I think we’ll do very well to beat them this season given some of the decisions Guardiola is making.

Everyone could see that Rodri and Gundogan were knackered and needed a rest given how they played against Chelsea. Starting both was a gamble, but leaving both of them on for the full game and not even putting Grealish on the pitch was a terrible, absolutely shocking decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.