Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

I haven’t read one comment where people are saying arsenal are not a good side.. actually people are saying they have ever chance to win it. The only thing I ever say is people saying that they don’t have depth which is true.. show me proof where someone said arsenal are good and that person was accused of not being a city fan?
I got massive abuse last week for it, people calling me miserable, putting me on block for it, every week it's Arsenal won't last, squad to thin, we will win the league by 10 points blah blah blah blah, people just can't tale the fact a team is better than us this season

Funny that the Mid-season report will say JOB DONE

Premier League
still very much in our own hands

champions league
Job done and won the group

league cup
beat Chelsea and still in the next round vs liverpool at home

Fair point mate.

The club/players have probably taken the approach of “be in a decent position at the break and we’ll sort it after the WC”.

But the underlying fact is we are not performing as well as we should be and it feels pretty frustrating.

fancy having to go to the world cup on the back of that performance. The players won't care but us fans will have to wait a long time before that shit show is put to bed.

The play was stopped for seven and a half minutes for Laporte's injury, so with all the time wasting and subs the ref added two and a half minutes
When they scored the second, it was almost two minutes before play started again and he allowed 57 seconds
They had more chances to score in the 10 minutes than us. In hindsight, we shouldn't have taken off a defender for an attacker, and be happy with a point.

There’s a lack of pace and physicality throughout the squad and when we’re not on it - as we clearly weren’t today - then we pay for it.

We keep conceding the same type of goal because we haven’t got enough legs in the side. Everyone knows how vulnerable we are to the counter attack but nothing has been done about it during Guardiola’s whole time at City, so you can only conclude that they aren’t planning to buy a different type of player - more physical but perhaps less technical - who could help us defend better.

The squad is very thin this season and players like Gundogan look to have been played far too often, even allowing for the injury situation. The lack of subs today just makes the whole experience much more frustrating. Surely Grealish would have been a better bet in the last half hour than Gundogan or even De Bruyne given how poorly they were playing?

Not sure any of this will change while Guardiola is the manager, so we should expect more of these performances even if we still keep winning trophies.
I agree whole heartedly...the pace of the game is soo different to when pep started with us let alone Barca..we will lose a few more like this...spurs for eg when Son is back...we have a system that can stifle teams IF we keep the ball. When we keep losing it like today we don't wear out their legs chasing the game. I think the WC could be a bridge too far for many of our squad as well...KDB is getting ready to be rinsed..only advan grealish might get some game time..
Don't see where the confidence comes from re coasting the league. Clearly we wont..i said b4 season 83 point league winners this year ..for someone. It could be us..or quite easily not us.

Better team won today
They wanted it more and created the clearer chances.

No intensity from the off

Ederson our best player tells me all I need to know about the team performance

Agreed but I think Laporte was our best player today.

It was like only Laporte, Bernardo, Foden and Ederson came to play.

Everyone else had a shit game, including Haaland and KDB and Gundo and Cancelo and Rodri and Stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.