Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Well that was fucking appalling.
Appalling performance, effort and tactics.
We got what we deserved today, fuck all!
I actually left soon as the second goal went in, last time I left early was under Pearce.
Thought it was better for my health that I left early.
Still fuming now!
I must have missed the presentation where we give Tony the freedom of the city.
You could see the goal coming a mile off since we give him time and space the whole game.
I don’t wanna say they didn’t care today, but it did look that way and most of them were already on their holidays.
I still cannot think of one good ball we put in today.
As for Kev he couldn’t pass wind today.
SHITE!

Think they deserved there win, we were shit.
Why?

nearly 30 chances to 8 75% possession to 25% but they deserved the win lol

If Var was doing the job correctly we would have had two pens on top,whether we score from them is a different thing but Brentford do not deserve praise for that kind of win.

They will be delighted and rightly so.

They had two or three clear chances in the first 5 minutes before we even started playing. Deserved win for them and a disappointing performance all round for us. After the World Cup it will all be forgotten and current form will be out of the window. The break has come at a good time for us as we’ve not looked at our best for a while. A result like this was coming.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Thank you lads, thank you City, thank you fans. It wasn’t to be today. I take full responsibility I shouldn’t have gone as I obviously brought them bad luck!! :-(
Wholehearted apologies. Sorry. :-(

Just arrived back at my car sitting in the car park ready to turn on the engine so I’ve not seen any remarks yet. I’ll read later!!
I wouldn't bother EB. Your boy didn't win too many popularity awards today.

Arrogant, self preservation or just an off day? That is the question
Definitely a combination of both i think.

There were players shirking challenges today.Self preservation for the World Cup.

The good thing is,World Cup is here now.Get it over with.

I am sure Pep said he was sorting his future out with his wife over the next 5 weeks.

If that is the case.Then one way or another we will be putting the uncertainty side to Bed for good.

Hopefully he decides to stay.

If not we start looking at decent alternatives.

Well it finally looks like all this pep talk of the players are tired has finally hit home, and the players have acted on it. Lethargic, lazy, sloppy, just a few terms I can use for today's performance

Probably De Bryune’s worst game in a City shirt today he was awful
As was Foden, Gundogan, Cancelo, Haaland, Rodri & Bernardo. Very iffy performances today. Bernie totally anonymous wide right, he was better 2nd half though. Too many wrong decisions in attack today. Countless opportunities to play the ball into the box, but we didn’t take them. Instead we passed/pissed about. When we did play it into the box, the balls were under hit, over hit or blocked by the first defender. That last 20 was crying out for Grealish running at them. Strange substitution too, ending up with Phil at left back? Great opportunity for Gundogan that he blazed over with the goal gaping. Gundogan was woeful in front of goal today. Brentford did a number on us, horrible to watch but effective. The tone of the game was set from the kick off, we were very slow to start and Brentford capitalised and seized the initiative. Brentford’s big hoof repeatedly caused problems and we never really looked comfortable. Very disappointed today. Was the ref correct with the penalty shouts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.