Brexit plan to limit players from abroad

I read the story this morning and they seem to say that the FA will bring in the rule change to ensure only so many 'foreign' players can be registred. They did not mention work permits, it seems to be a way of ensuring young english talent is put to the front. If that did happen it would set England back within European football. It is just another example of the stupidity of the FA. Mind you it would allow Rughead to make a comeback so they will presumably be happy.

I read the story this morning and they seem to say that the FA will bring in the rule change to ensure only so many 'foreign' players can be registred. They did not mention work permits, it seems to be a way of ensuring young english talent is put to the front. If that did happen it would set England back within European football. It is just another example of the stupidity of the FA. Mind you it would allow Rughead to make a comeback so they will presumably be happy.

The work permit reference relates to the fact that once free of " EU tyranny" footballers from the EU will be treated the same as those from outside the EU are now and have to get the same clearances t work here. The limit on foreign players is something dreamed up by the stupid FA.

The work permit reference relates to the fact that once free of " EU tyranny" footballers from the EU will be treated the same as those from outside the EU are now and have to get the same clearances t work here. The limit on foreign players is something dreamed up by the stupid FA.

I completely agree, I fully accept they will need work permits just the same as any other european worker, it is the limit on the number I am mentioning, as you have and i am highlighting that only an idiot in a blazer could propose something as stupid as a cap on the number of foreign players. It would do what FFP has tried to achieve (but failed) and give Bayern, Madrid etc the dominance they are trying to desperately keep.

We know how the media spin things. Why are people assuming this is automatically true?

They will have to come up with rules and procedures. There's no reason at all to assume it'll be a low restriction.

I can never get my head around the foreign player ruling. Douglas Luis and Enes Unal couldn't play for us but could play in Europe on loan from us. In the recent Shaktar match there were 8 Brazilians playing between both teams the highest representation from any country.

We know how the media spin things. Why are people assuming this is automatically true?

They will have to come up with rules and procedures. There's no reason at all to assume it'll be a low restriction.

To be fair, a number of media outlets are saying that the FA are putting this proposal to the clubs at a meeting this week. I accept the media often spin things but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they have seen the agenda, no not that kind, the kind that states what is going to be discussed. There must ne one, the clubs don't just turn up and have a general chat about everything.

To be fair, a number of media outlets are saying that the FA are putting this proposal to the clubs at a meeting this week. I accept the media often spin things but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they have seen the agenda, no not that kind, the kind that states what is going to be discussed. There must ne one, the clubs don't just turn up and have a general chat about everything.

My suspicion is that the FA have put a range of options and ideas before the clubs, and that the report has decided to highlight one of them. No one puts something like this on the table without discussion, it's not how any organisation would do it.

My suspicion is that the FA have put a range of options and ideas before the clubs, and that the report has decided to highlight one of them. No one puts something like this on the table without discussion, it's not how any organisation would do it.

ergh this is the FA we are talking about but yes I think you are probably right, there are a series of proposals, just because some of them are so stupid doesn't mean it (they) can't be discused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.