Brexit plan to limit players from abroad

Most of us have kids that play sports and to think that they could make a career from it is a great thing. So more jobs for them playing soccer (sorry football) is great. Just lower the standard so they can stay nearby, make a decent living, be relatively famous at home, be fit, marry young, have their own kids and help out with training at the local academy. It’d be great.

The only price is the Premier League reducing the money in the game and maybe a few clubs going bust as investment transitions from global companies back to local employers.

If I was living in Manchester I’d be all for it. Just glad I saw City at the very top before the game completely changed.

I asked this question in the Brexit thread but (unsurprisingly) couldn't get a reply. I'll try here:

So you Brexiteers are prepared to suffer a recession for your cause. You're prepared to become isolated in our own continent. You're prepared to spend untold billions of the country's money just to rebuilt an infrastructure which is already there and paid for. You're prepared to risk the breakup of the United Kingdom, and you've already given us years of political uncertainty and paralysis.

I'm not saying there's any truth in this article, but if there was, would you also accept the demise of Manchester City on the European stage for your "freedom"?

The foreign players are one of the things that makes the Premier League the most popular league around the world. I lived in Morocco during last season, and all I ever heard was people banging on about Mo Salah, in a country where La Liga is historically more popular. And he's not even from Morocco. I wonder what effect he's had on on the viewing habits of the nearly 100 million people living in Egypt.

It's a miserable cnut Brexit isn't it.
Screws up our working life.
And then the little bit of enjoyment we get as a football supporter of the best team in Europe is going to be fcuked too.

I asked this question in the Brexit thread but (unsurprisingly) couldn't get a reply. I'll try here:

So you Brexiteers are prepared to suffer a recession for your cause. You're prepared to become isolated in our own continent. You're prepared to spend untold billions of the country's money just to rebuilt an infrastructure which is already there and paid for. You're prepared to risk the breakup of the United Kingdom, and you've already given us years of political uncertainty and paralysis.

I'm not saying there's any truth in this article, but if there was, would you also accept the demise of Manchester City on the European stage for your "freedom"?
Yeah, but blue passports.

Zero chance, the PL would go down the shitter.

Standard and global appeal-wise.

England have reached number five in the world rankings and we have better youngsters than for decades because of the influence of overseas coaches and players in our Premier League. Now the bungling fools at the FA want to destroy all that progress because of xenophic hysteria from the dinosaurs of football. Never underestimate the stupidity of the men in blazers.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer to that, DD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.