Brian Clough

That's not what his forrmer players said. I spent some time with Martin O'Neil some years ago in a work capacity and he had nothing but praise for Clough. I am sure Taylor was crucial but as an inspirational leader Clough was one of the best this country has produced until the drinking took over.

According to Clough's autobiography, Taylor was the one who identified the players, though I’m sure he did much more than that.

I remember Brian Clough when I was younger always straight to the point also remember him saying if football was to be played in the air god would of put grass up their

Reminds me of the magnificent Sultans of Ping FC and their tribute to Cloughie (and son), "Give Him A Ball And A Yard Of Grass" -

"Your a bloody disgrace for missing the target from there, a bloody disgrace" I remember him for saying this, but can't remember who he said it to.

"Your a bloody disgrace for missing the target from there, a bloody disgrace" I remember him for saying this, but can't remember who he said it to.

I remember him giving Trevor Francis shit for taking a corner , the guy was a genius obviously the booze could over towards the end of management career but before that he had free transfers galore winning leagues and European Cups

A great player, manager and man he did do much for people cared about everyone and looked after so many. It was great that Pep had recognised this, when we played Burton, he said he was going to have a chat with Nigel and his Dad.

Cloughie and Taylor were in Amsterdam with the team. Strolling along the canal and coming across red light shop, Taylor decided to go in and see if he could get a block booking discount for the 24 of them. The days when football had personalities!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.