Brian Kidd - How long at City?

He said he supported City growing up, but in the aftermath of Munich he started to lean towards Utd.

A lot of Mancunians supported both clubs back then. It was around that time that fans started to travel to away games and that's when people chose between the two.
Yes, that’s true. I couldn’t afford to travel to away matches. In my early match going days even Bolton was a trek!
So I did City one week and United the next but, unlike Kiddo, a couple of years after Munich I had to choose and chose City, even though it was further to travel.
I was at the last match at OT before Munich and the first one after. Duncan Edwards was my hero.

When Franny Lee sacked/ got rid of/ retired/ Tony Book ( delate as apropiate) in the Ninteys
The Prestwich & Whitefield Branch organised an Evening to celebrate Tony's contribution to the club
We invited dozens of ex players and most attended
Brian was right hand man to Fergie at the time & the rags were in Europe preparing For a game
Brian was told about the invite and took the time out to phone P& W branch secretary and express his support for the event & for Tony
Top Man

Yes, that’s true. I couldn’t afford to travel to away matches. In my early match going days even Bolton was a trek!
So I did City one week and United the next but, unlike Kiddo, a couple of years after Munich I had to choose and chose City, even though it was further to travel.
I was at the last match at OT before Munich and the first one after. Duncan Edwards was my hero.
I used to go to Bury when l couldn't go to City ( it was nearer)& seen some great players & games there

I don't care who his allegiance was too, he's served Manchester very well, and he's ours now, though I suspect it will be his last season.

Even when at united he was a player/coach you could admire, as he was a good bloke.

Deserves a lot more recognition than he's had.

A bit random but my old fella did some joinery work for him once and Brian paid him but also gave him some football boots for me and my brother, when he found out we played. Proper boots too, soft leather, not the Adidas Four Stripe mum used to get us from Dales!!!

Great bloke, deserves the freedom of the City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.