Brian Kidd

If Pep takes over in the summer he will certainly have Kiddo in the management team IMHO. Kiddo's experience is vital to the ongoing success at City and I hope he's still there for many years to come.

I think Manchester football supporters should start a petition to the council to rename the Mancunian way to the Brian Kidd way as he has been a major force for both clubs for almost 50 years,some achievement fora true Manc.

Apart From Kun and Law (at Luton) he is the only player I have seen score more than 3 goals in a game for City. He comes across as a genuine guy and a credit to the City of Manchester, this we should all be United on for once.

Let's not forget what he did to our club in years gone by ...

Passage from The Boss Orange - juice Heroes

Winger Ben Thornley was another local boy who'd been training with Manchester City only to be lured away by Fergie's personal touch. I think I must have been one of the very few privileged lads who had Alex Ferguson round here with Brian Kidd to the house, to talk to myself and my parents. But Giggs and Thornley weren't the only ones to get personal visits from the boss. Simon Davies too was expected -and – expecting – to sign for Manchester City on his fourteenth birthday. At the last moment a united scout suggested he take part in a trial match. Alex Ferguson and youth- development officer, Joe Brown, came to my house the following night and signed me up..

Scored 2 against us on his debut for Arsenal..

“I was asked to take charge for two games, and, being a Manchester lad, I couldn’t say no,” Kidd admitted.

“I wouldn’t have been able to walk down Market Street if I had.”

Not the response I was expecting at the time given the opportunity he was given:(

The way I see it is the good Catholic boy is paying his penance for his wrong doing:-)

Owe him Fuck all he's still a rag deep down IMHO..

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...ergie's personal touch.I think i must&f=false

I hope that if Guardiola does arrive he's given 100% backing on his backroom staff, and if that means Kidd leaving then I couldn't care less. He's only here as long as the manager feels he can do a job, and the day that isn't the case he should leave. We owe him nothing, he's just an employee.

I wonder what will happen to Kiddo if/when Pep and his team arrive.
Will he still have a job?
I think so.
He has survived the previous managerial changes so why should Pep be any different.
They will need him to provide some continuity with the players and the whole set up at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.