Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

zeven said:
grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
Who do you mean, John Williams? He's clearly a better negotiator than Marwood as he took his pants down and got 18m for Santa Cruz. Williams now actually reports to Marwood, and it is Marwood who has overall responsibility for transfer business. Obviously Mancini says who he does / doesn't want, but it is Marwood who does all of the negotiating and deal making.

I'm not saying he's useless, he's clearly intelligent and talented, otherwise he wouldn't have held the position he did at Nike, and have got the job with us in the first place. I am sure there is a role at the club where he could be an asset, but you have to look at it objectively, he's clearly not doing a good job on the transfer front and it's time to look for someone who can do better.

So who do we thank for our successful transfer business
The money available to us. with unlimited money i could make those deal happen.

STFU,

I take it English is not your first language or else you might put an extra 0 on the end of a contract

grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
Somebody else was brought into get rid of players

Who do you mean, John Williams? He's clearly a better negotiator than Marwood as he took his pants down and got 18m for Santa Cruz. Williams now actually reports to Marwood, and it is Marwood who has overall responsibility for transfer business. Obviously Mancini says who he does / doesn't want, but it is Marwood who does all of the negotiating and deal making.

I'm not saying he's useless, he's clearly intelligent and talented, otherwise he wouldn't have held the position he did at Nike, and have got the job with us in the first place. I am sure there is a role at the club where he could be an asset, but you have to look at it objectively, he's clearly not doing a good job on the transfer front and it's time to look for someone who can do better.

Successful transfer business as in huge transfer fees and contract wages? The same successful transfer business which see us unable to move out bridge, RSC and Ade now. Its all very simple, its marwood job to shift players in and out and if he can't hack it then he should go.

Mancini have every right to be angry. In any workplace, if any co-worker failings is gonna affect my performance, I will be furious at them.

BigBadBlue said:
grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:

Successful transfer business as in huge transfer fees and contract wages? The same successful transfer business which see us unable to move out bridge, RSC and Ade now. Its all very simple, its marwood job to shift players in and out and if he can't hack it then he should go.

Mancini have every right to be angry. In any workplace, if any co-worker failings is gonna affect my performance, I will be furious at them.

Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Balotelli , Suarez , Rekik, Pozzo etc etc

New contracts for Mancini, Kompany etc

Works both ways mate

grim up north said:
BigBadBlue said:
grim up north said:

cannot have it both ways mate

You don't get it. His job is pertaining to ALL transfers. He must be able to do all of them well. Is it difficult to get Aguero, Silva and Nasri in? They are not exactly cheap and on pitiful contract wages. Anyway, if you are only able to fulfil 50% of your job responsibilities then you are not doing a good job.

Bring back Cook, he would have all our transfers rapped up by now or accused them of bottling it

BigBadBlue said:
grim up north said:
BigBadBlue said:

You don't get it. His job is pertaining to ALL transfers. He must be able to do all of them well. Is it difficult to get Aguero, Silva and Nasri in? They are not exactly cheap and on pitiful contract wages. Anyway, if you are only able to fulfil 50% of your job responsibilities then you are not doing a good job.

No mate you dont get it i would imagine it is quite difficult to get the likes of Aguero in with top Euro sides sniffing around. Greedy agents etc I also suspect he does not go into negotiations with a blank cheque book.

How exactly is he supposed to get rid of Ade bearing in mind we are a business I am sure there is a line which he cannot go under.

Marwood is not playing a game on a PC he is operating in the real world.

To many people only see negatives on this board and I think in the greater scheme of things Mancini Marwood and the board have had more success than failure in the transfer market

Can't wait for a new CEO and hopefully a cleaning of house. We didn't have a good transfer strategy this window, it was mainly to wait for departures before buying, departures that for the most part are unlikely to ever happen.

The Caicedo debacle should have been the last straw.

grim up north said:
BigBadBlue said:
grim up north said:

No mate you dont get it i would imagine it is quite difficult to get the likes of Aguero in with top Euro sides sniffing around. Greedy agents etc I also suspect he does not go into negotiations with a blank cheque book.

How exactly is he supposed to get rid of Ade bearing in mind we are a business I am sure there is a line which he cannot go under.

To many people only see negatives on this board and I think in the greater scheme of things Mancini Marwood and the board have had more success than failure in the transfer market

In the real world, if I could "blow all the other teams out of the water" with transfer fees and wages, I could bring Aguero, Nasri, Silva etc in. It's great that we've got all those players in, but they're not here on 30k a week like Modric is at Spurs, they're on big money, and we've clearly been a club going places, so it's not exactly a hard sell.

Those players aren't here because Marwood is a shrewd mover in the transfer market, they're here because Mancini wants them, we pay the most money, and we're competing for the top trophies.

It depends how you define "success in the transfer market". We've got the majority of the players we wanted, if that's how you define success, then yes we have. But surely there is more to it that that? They have to be on contracts that are sustainable, and it has to be possible to move these players on if we no longer want them, without us still having to pay 50% of their wages!

We had to overspend to begin with to climb from 10th to 1st in 3 seasons, so it is not all Marwoods fault we are in this position. It is also down to Hughes being a moron. But we are where we are, and the fact remains it is Marwood's job to move players on. He's not been able to do that. As you say, it's the real world, and we need to get someone in who has a better real world track record in the transfer market.

grim up north said:
BigBadBlue said:
grim up north said:

I am not saying Marwood has an easy job of shifting players out but that is his job nevertheless. He is being paid top dollars and supposed to have the expertise and know how to do it and yes while operating under the guidelines set down by the owners. If he can't do it, he should go like in all workplaces.

Who said anything negatives about the board or mancini? I only have problem with Marwood as he is not doing his job well and we are still sitting with players we do not want 2 years ago.

Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
BigBadBlue said:

In the real world, if I could "blow all the other teams out of the water" with transfer fees and wages, I could bring Aguero, Nasri, Silva etc in. It's great that we've got all those players in, but they're not here on 30k a week like Modric is at Spurs, they're on big money, and we've clearly been a club going places, so it's not exactly a hard sell.

Those players aren't here because Marwood is a shrewd mover in the transfer market, they're here because Mancini wants them, we pay the most money, and we're competing for the top trophies.

It depends how you define "success in the transfer market". We've got the majority of the players we wanted, if that's how you define success, then yes we have. But surely there is more to it that that? They have to be on contracts that are sustainable, and it has to be possible to move these players on if we no longer want them, without us still having to pay 50% of their wages!

We had to overspend to begin with to climb from 10th to 1st in 3 seasons, so it is not all Marwoods fault we are in this position. It is also down to Hughes being a moron. But we are where we are, and the fact remains it is Marwood's job to move players on. He's not been able to do that. As you say, it's the real world, and we need to get someone in who has a better real world track record in the transfer market.

All I am asking is how do we get rid of players that is acceptable to the management

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.