Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

cavendishblue said:
We need to get used to this way of doing things, despite what others are saying, FFP is kicking in.

As I have said before, if, going forward, we can only spend what we earn having vastly wealthy owners is going to be largely irrelevant as far as the transfer market is concerned. I think people need to grasp that fact. It's not Marwood's fault, it's not the owners fault, it's not Mancini's fault - it is simply the new reality that we are going to have to live with.

I think it is precisely because FFP is kicking in that we need someone better than Marwood to do the job. He has to 2 years to shift the players out and he still can't do it. Imagine someone at your workplace whose job description is to do something but he cant cut it, do you just sit around and say its all ok? And what if his failings affect your performace?

BigBadBlue said:
cavendishblue said:
We need to get used to this way of doing things, despite what others are saying, FFP is kicking in.

As I have said before, if, going forward, we can only spend what we earn having vastly wealthy owners is going to be largely irrelevant as far as the transfer market is concerned. I think people need to grasp that fact. It's not Marwood's fault, it's not the owners fault, it's not Mancini's fault - it is simply the new reality that we are going to have to live with.

I think it is precisely because FFP is kicking in that we need someone better than Marwood to do the job. He has to 2 years to shift the players out and he still can't do it. Imagine someone at your workplace whose job description is to do something but he cant cut it, do you just sit around and say its all ok? And what if his failings affect your performace?
And once again...

How do you convince a rival to take a totally shit player, and pay it's wages?

Would you take a lorry load of smashed up tellies? It's free after all...

BigBadBlue said:
cavendishblue said:

If you listen to Khaldoon Marwoid is fulfilling his job description to a tee. Williams was brought in to manage outgoing last season but I guess its easier for the flappers to blame everything wrong with the world on Marwood.

Brian marwood is doing a good job .You cant sell player if nobody wants them

BigBadBlue said:
cavendishblue said:

You could hire 5 Sporting Directors, it still wouldn't alter the fact that Adebayor is on a huge salary and only a handful of clubs in the world can pay that, and they all have top strikers. Similar situation with Santa Cruz. Remember Danny Mills? That was Marwood's fault too?

Gradually City will find solutions.

Easy to see why Mancini is frustrated and I would be too if I were in his position. Just to balance things a little though:

a) Dumping the likes of Adebayor and Bridge is only simple if we kiss their backsides and stuff yet more millions into their boots. Otherwise it's not.

b) We ain't skint but nor are we supermarket sweep winners any more. FFP is only part of it. It's also about being taken seriously, being respected, and operating within at least a smidgen of sensible business discipines. I see the Sheikh as a benefactor - and a shrewd operator - rather than a sugar daddy.

c) Leverage in the transfer market isn't helped by announcing to the world that we want five players. Some of the stuff said and done in public is straight from the hip.

We don't know the full situation with Marwood in all fairness. He should go if, but only if, he's not delivering his internal mandate. That mandate includes scouting, btw, which has had less attention in this string. If that did happen the structure would still need to strike a proper balance between the playing side ("I want that one") and the admin side ("You can't spend it").

baildon blue said:

If Newcastle can shift Caroll for £35M and yet we struggle to shift Adebayor for anything close to £10M there's got to be some shitty dealings on Marwoods part?

Brian Marwood

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
baildon blue said:

If Newcastle can shift Caroll for £35M and yet we struggle to shift Adebayor for anything close to £10M there's got to be some shitty dealings on Marwoods part?

If Ade was on 30k a week like Carroll was he would of gone

waspish said:
baildon blue said:

We should at least get £20M for Ade as he is a top striker, with that £20M we could pay his £5M loss of earnings and still come out with more then we're getting offered for now!

waspish said:

We should at least get £20M for Ade as he is a top striker, with that £20M we could pay his £5M loss of earnings and still come out with more then we're getting offered for now!
Great.

Who have you got lined up to pay £20m for him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.