Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

We can't afford the stupid transfer fees, were skint! Lol!!
Salar said:
I Know I am gonna get hanged for this but I for some reason think that Mancini is overreacting.I mean c'mon we have the best team In the League and In my opinion the third best in the world.There is no urgent need for reinforcements Except in Defence and a box to box midfielder in which case I am sure that the club did every thing they could and If our targets went to other places well then thats fate and I am glad that our club wasn't made a mug by paying stupid transfer fees.I think Mancini should stop giving clear hints to the media and should focus on what we have and If we didn't get one target go after the other one.

Salar said:
I Know I am gonna get hanged for this but I for some reason think that Mancini is overreacting.I mean c'mon we have the best team In the League and In my opinion the third best in the world.There is no urgent need for reinforcements Except in Defence and a box to box midfielder in which case I am sure that the club did every thing they could and If our targets went to other places well then thats fate and I am glad that our club wasn't made a mug by paying stupid transfer fees.I think Mancini should stop giving clear hints to the media and should focus on what we have and If we didn't get one target go after the other one.
This board is full of people who think they are smarter than Bob, don't worry they'll give you a medal

ABU inc GDR said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Sheikh Mansour is NOT a "sugar daddy" and has never claimed to be one. He told us when the takeover was confirmed that he envisaged a period of investment in players to enable City to compete for, and win, trophies. No-one can complain that he hasn't fulfilled his promise. He told us that this would be followed by a period of consolidation and we have known for a long time that this summer funds for new arrivals would have to come, in large measure, from the sale of players already here. Most of us know who these players are. We also know it's Brian Marwood's job to move them on. But that doesn't make it any easier. Adebayor seems content to sit in the stands and pick up his wages. Paying a club to take him isn't going to provide City with money to buy someone else! RSC wants to play football, will go somewhere else but clubs are reluctant because of his injury record. Marwood has a difficult job, operates within policy limits laid down by the board/Sheikh Mansour and cannot be held responsible simply because a few City fans think they have a right to expect the moon - and the Sheikh to pay for it. Hazard wanted the same wages as Ya Ya, without ever playing like him! Any club has to think very carefully about the details of a deal for a 29 year old with a checkered innjury record - especially with the four strikers we've got! Let's just trust the club - it hasn't let us down since 2008, has it.

As in any bussiness there are politics and you have to fight your corner and there has to be a bit of give and take;

Mancini's target players named at the end of last season have gone, we ultimately withdrew from the Hazard deal, I think Mancini accepts this. To enter the last 3 weeks of the transfer window and not have the cover in positions that we would need to maintain last years challenge is what is concerning Mancini. Then on top of that to find out that Ballotelli was being considered for sale to PSG which has now come out appears to have been the straw that broke the camels back and he's come out fighting!

Apparently Mancini has offered his resignation over all this and that's what I find unacceptable. There's obviously a communication problem between Mancini Marwood and Khaldoon that needs sorting quickly

Its laughable that you believe that nonsense. mancini is not an idiot and will never have a job as good as this. So the idea that he would offer his resignation is nonsense. Where will he go after this?

grim up north said:
peoffrey said:
Marwood's Arsenal through and through.

Listening to the guy talk seems to have an affection for City

He's extremely well paid and holds a huge amount of power within certain areas of the Club. It's only natural his media training comes through when talking about City - although he's not delivering at the moment. Mancini wants new players yet he's failed. If rumours are to be believed then he nearly fucked the Dzeko deal up and was in the middle of the initial problems with Tevez.

Marwood is doing a good job in my world so lay off him.He doesnt give the media any gossip that makes man city stupid so well played marwood

Tony101 said:
ABU inc GDR said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Sheikh Mansour is NOT a "sugar daddy" and has never claimed to be one. He told us when the takeover was confirmed that he envisaged a period of investment in players to enable City to compete for, and win, trophies. No-one can complain that he hasn't fulfilled his promise. He told us that this would be followed by a period of consolidation and we have known for a long time that this summer funds for new arrivals would have to come, in large measure, from the sale of players already here. Most of us know who these players are. We also know it's Brian Marwood's job to move them on. But that doesn't make it any easier. Adebayor seems content to sit in the stands and pick up his wages. Paying a club to take him isn't going to provide City with money to buy someone else! RSC wants to play football, will go somewhere else but clubs are reluctant because of his injury record. Marwood has a difficult job, operates within policy limits laid down by the board/Sheikh Mansour and cannot be held responsible simply because a few City fans think they have a right to expect the moon - and the Sheikh to pay for it. Hazard wanted the same wages as Ya Ya, without ever playing like him! Any club has to think very carefully about the details of a deal for a 29 year old with a checkered innjury record - especially with the four strikers we've got! Let's just trust the club - it hasn't let us down since 2008, has it.

As in any bussiness there are politics and you have to fight your corner and there has to be a bit of give and take;

Mancini's target players named at the end of last season have gone, we ultimately withdrew from the Hazard deal, I think Mancini accepts this. To enter the last 3 weeks of the transfer window and not have the cover in positions that we would need to maintain last years challenge is what is concerning Mancini. Then on top of that to find out that Ballotelli was being considered for sale to PSG which has now come out appears to have been the straw that broke the camels back and he's come out fighting!

Apparently Mancini has offered his resignation over all this and that's what I find unacceptable. There's obviously a communication problem between Mancini Marwood and Khaldoon that needs sorting quickly

Its laughable that you believe that nonsense. mancini is not an idiot and will never have a job as good as this. So the idea that he would offer his resignation is nonsense. Where will he go after this?

Mancini is a top manager in football, there will be plenty of clubs, big and small, lining up for his signature.

Ragnarok said:
Tony101 said:
ABU inc GDR said:

Mancini is a top manager in football, there will be plenty of clubs, big and small, lining up for his signature.

We need someone to work on a budget ....come in Neil Warnock ......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.