Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton fan in peace..

Firstly it's a pleasure to be hosting you in our first game, for us to play the favourites for the league at home in front of the world is the icing on the the cake for a club that has bounced back from the brink.

Genuine supporters understand we won't be able to compete against you guys and we are more focused on ensuring we do ourselves proud and keep the score line respectful! In all honesty the season starts for us the week after at Leicester where we have far more of a chance of securing some points!

Just picking up on an earlier post, here at BHAFC we are slightly unique in that as a club we try to make the whole matchday experience as welcoming and accommodating as possible, I'm also pretty certain we are the only PL club that welcomes away fans into our home concourses after the game. With that in mind it would be great to see a few City fans after the game in the North Stand concourse and believe it or not you will be welcome!

I take on board the comments about the standard of drinks available in concourses but again we are slightly different in that we have guest Ales and also local Ales from Sussex.

In terms of pre match you are also welcome in our supporters bar which is located next to the club shop and although it tends to get busy, if you arrive in plenty of time you shouldn't have a problem enjoying a pre match beverage whilst engaging with our home support.

Getting out of the Amex can prove difficult, it really is worth staying behind for a beer afterwards, give it 30/40 minutes and the train queues and car parks are well on their way to clearing.

Once again, it's a privalidge to host you guys, I genuinely hope you enjoy The Amex, and if you were kind enough to allow us the odd point, a beer will be waiting for you in the North Stand concourse after the game.

Please feel free to ask any questions to make your matchday experience as easy as possible.

Is it loser buys ? ;-).
Sounds like a decent club. Tony Bloom et al, have really turned you around.
Good luck for the reast of the season after tomorrow and of course the return at the Etihad.

Worried about this one, it's never a good time to play a newly promoted club first game of the season, not when they're at home. It's a potential embarassment this one which will have the media wanking at how much we've spent and plucky underdogs Brighton showed spirit and determination can teach Pep a lesson about English teams.

I fear a defensive lapse, shit refereeing and a team yet to gel, coupled with Brighton having no fear and a loud crowd up for their first PL game will conspire to consign us to a frustrating 2-1 defeat.

Hopefully it's just me and I'm just not over the dark days of 90s City and in reality we'll smash these about 5-0!

Brighton fan in peace..

Firstly it's a pleasure to be hosting you in our first game, for us to play the favourites for the league at home in front of the world is the icing on the the cake for a club that has bounced back from the brink.

Genuine supporters understand we won't be able to compete against you guys and we are more focused on ensuring we do ourselves proud and keep the score line respectful! In all honesty the season starts for us the week after at Leicester where we have far more of a chance of securing some points!

Just picking up on an earlier post, here at BHAFC we are slightly unique in that as a club we try to make the whole matchday experience as welcoming and accommodating as possible, I'm also pretty certain we are the only PL club that welcomes away fans into our home concourses after the game. With that in mind it would be great to see a few City fans after the game in the North Stand concourse and believe it or not you will be welcome!

I take on board the comments about the standard of drinks available in concourses but again we are slightly different in that we have guest Ales and also local Ales from Sussex.

In terms of pre match you are also welcome in our supporters bar which is located next to the club shop and although it tends to get busy, if you arrive in plenty of time you shouldn't have a problem enjoying a pre match beverage whilst engaging with our home support.

Getting out of the Amex can prove difficult, it really is worth staying behind for a beer afterwards, give it 30/40 minutes and the train queues and car parks are well on their way to clearing.

Once again, it's a privalidge to host you guys, I genuinely hope you enjoy The Amex, and if you were kind enough to allow us the odd point, a beer will be waiting for you in the North Stand concourse after the game.

Please feel free to ask any questions to make your matchday experience as easy as possible.
Welcome to the prem and good luck to you for the rest of the season , looking forward to the game

Worried about this one, it's never a good time to play a newly promoted club first game of the season, not when they're at home. It's a potential embarassment this one which will have the media wanking at how much we've spent and plucky underdogs Brighton showed spirit and determination can teach Pep a lesson about English teams.

I fear a defensive lapse, shit refereeing and a team yet to gel, coupled with Brighton having no fear and a loud crowd up for their first PL game will conspire to consign us to a frustrating 2-1 defeat.

Hopefully it's just me and I'm just not over the dark days of 90s City and in reality we'll smash these about 5-0!

I see it the other way. A team full of movement, speed and confidence after 3 very resounding wins in pre season against a side who will be nervous and rarely played a side as good as ours.

Personally I would be surprised if Brighton come away with anything better than a 2 goal deficit.

Ederson;
Otta Komp Stones
Walker Yaya Danilo
Merlin Kev
Serg Jesus
subs Bravo, Mangala, Fern, Sane, Bernardo, Sterling, Diaz/Foden/Tosin
Look at that bench!!! Fuck me! With Mendy and Gunda to come in. Great times ahead :-)

Not wishing to sound smug about this, but Brighton have got this right. The concourses are big, bright and wide as opposed to the Black Hole of Calcutta jobs that most clubs have. Apart from the bog standard lagers and ciders (Fosters, Kronenbourg, Strongbow), also on offer are Harveys beers (local Lewes brewery) and a guest ale. The proof of the pudding? The record number of pints served on a match day is 41,000!! Not bad for a 30,000 seater stadium. Anyway,give it a go and see what you think.

Harvey's excellent mate. Went to the brewery a few years ago when staying around there great beers.

I could be the only one cheering in the North Stand if City score!

Having watched Brighton a few times last season we should be all over them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.