Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Good three points, good first half and then I thought we got a bit complacent or tired, or maybe a bit of both.

Would've taken 3 points by any means today though, given we have lost 2 in a row and just back off an international break.

So no complaints but better to come

Great three points, attacking midfield needs sorting. Foden and Bernardo not doing enough for me, I'd be tempted to start Grealish in that central attacking role with Foden on the right Doku on the left
Thought Foden was fantastic today. The centre of midfield doesn’t look right and I’m not sure where Alvarez is supposed to be playing. Seems as though Pep is trying to wedge him in as he is a talent. We were fine until Stone ran out of steam.

Agreed, we do look very open, but then we've got a front 4 like today who are going to cause loads of problems
do we have the control we need with alvarez, foden and doku though? As well as he played today, Foden being the extra midfielder tucking in like he does means usually 75% of the time he tries something he gives it away and then its potentially a counter attack where its 4 v 4

Ortega distribution today was woeful.
Kind of surprised to see how many agree with this. He definitely had some poor passes but I thought on the whole it was good. Brighton has a very strong press. They deserve some credit.

Discipline needs sorting as well. Rodri getting a booking was beyond stupid and he nearly got a second when he cut across a brighton player in the second half, and just got his foot on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.