Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

do we have the control we need with alvarez, foden and doku though? As well as he played today, Foden being the extra midfielder tucking in like he does means usually 75% of the time he tries something he gives it away and then its potentially a counter attack where its 4 v 4
It definitely doesn't feel like we have the control that we'll need come the spring - have to hope Nunes or Kovacic are able to provide that. Not sure myself

Three points that looked like were going to be a cruise, but then Brighton found the form they've shown on and off all season.

Two things stand out for me though, firstly that we absolutely have to be creating more for the Striking Viking, and secondly, just how good Doku is going to become. His pass selection isn't the best at the moment, but his ability with the ball at his feet is exceptional.

Tough second half, don’t know where our composure’s gone when under pressure, seems like we shit ourselves a bit atm.

Would love to see Webb come on and explain why Akanjis was a yellow, and Konates not ?
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on an explanation from Webb:
A) it's unexplainable and
B) it's City and therefore deserves no mention.

Pleased for the win but that second half was dreadful. We were left hanging on when we should have put our foot on their throat and killed the game before 60 minutes….

I think we will need to be much better to beat the rags even though they are shit, they will get all of the decisions as per usual..

Thought Foden was fantastic today. The centre of midfield doesn’t look right and I’m not sure where Alvarez is supposed to be playing. Seems as though Pep is trying to wedge him in as he is a talent. We were fine until Stone ran out of steam.
It is a bit all over the place, but then he'll always get you a goal when he's in the team, so it's hard to take him out whilst Kev is still injured.

Goals are hard to come by with a lot of our squad, so for me he has to play as well as Haaland at the moment.

Need to get our of this low quality 2nd half performance mode...Forest, Arsenal, Wolves, Newcastle away, BHA home....similar to the same fixture last season...good 1st half, got sloppy in the 2nd, concede a goal and look edgy.
Not great from Akanji in the 2nd half.
"Gritty" performance....and we move on.

I, Like many others pre match said 3 points doesn't matter how. We did that so happy days.

First half we were magnificent, proper champions response to two disappointing results. great to see us actually target their weak area in milner, Doku had him on toast everytime.

Second half we were so poor. I'm sick of watching us see out games as soon as we get a goal or 2 infront and turn it into a chore. we cant keep clean sheets so why take the huge risk? go for the third goal which was there if we played for it and kill the game dead. that then becomes a routine win, we make plenty of subs and we don't end the game with 10 men clinging on.

We have cover for Akanji with stones back fit but his pace would have seen him Start next week imo, it's a needless loss, we need to play smarter, stop taking stupid and pointless yellows early on. Every player booked for dissent or something equally stupid should be fined, rodri again with a stupid early booking for kicking the ball away and then continued to argue with the ref and risk a red, we can't afford all these suspensions with such a small squad.

We need to see that first half performance at the swamp for the entire 90 next week. Do so and we stroll it providing we can keep 11 men on the pitch.

4 minutes added time, but 4 more minutes added added time. For the Akanji booking? Should have ended the game with that corner for brighton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.