Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Weird game that. Firstly let's not forget what a good side Brighton are and how well they're managed by a top coach. In the first half we made them look like relegation fodder and should have scored a few more. We were in total control.

Second half we fell off it a bit and they got into the game as a result. The ref didn't help matters which is normal in our games. We were lucky to get the win in the end but I'll take it.

We are up there at the top until the Spurs game, which I expect them to win. I've no idea how this season is going to pan out for us if I'm honest. Gundogan is turning out to be a big loss for us. With Kev out we are lacking creativity in the middle and Haaland is suffering for service as a result. Did we not fight as hard to keep Gundogan as we thought Bellingham was coming to us?
After being so strong in defence last season we look like conceeding every game now. Rodri and Stones are huge players for us and the drop off when they're out is huge. Can Nunez step up? Time will tell. Doku looks an exciting prospect.
Hopefully Pep gets time to work with the new players now the cursed internationals are out of the way.

One final thing Pep.needs to work on is our discipline. I know the refs are shit but we pick up too many soft cards and our players need to stop putting their hands up and getting involved in petty spats.

Good 3 points for you, maybe if we had actually turned up for the first half we might havep got something from the game. I was worried at half time that you would just score a hatfull in the second half. Cant complaine as i saw this as a free hit today.

Not seen them again but at the game I thought both Rodri and Grealish deserved their yellows. Rodri trying to claim he was passing the ball back to Brighton was ridiculous and Grealish got right in the linesman's face and may have even slightly bumped him too (from my view in SS3). A complete lack of discipline from both.

Highlights were the win, Doku's first half display and the performance of Gvardiol.
Rodri was so annoying doing that. Absolutely stupid given he has only just been banned for 3 games. These needless bookings really get on my nerves. Grealish seems to want to have a fight every game currently.

Good 3 points for you, maybe if we had actually turned up for the first half we might havep got something from the game. I was worried at half time that you would just score a hatfull in the second half. Cant complaine as i saw this as a free hit today.
Not happy with Doku, as fluke have been under instructions, but he could have roasted Milner for more more minutes that there were in the half. No wonder he was taken off at half time!

Really wish Pep would allow Jack the freedom he is seemingly giving Doku. Everything Doku did today Jack is capable of but is clearly under instruction to play with no risk and retain possession, Doku is given licence to attack at will.

Really wish Pep would allow Jack the freedom he is seemingly giving Doku. Everything Doku did today Jack is capable of but is clearly under instruction to play with no risk and retain possession, Doku is given licence to attack at will.
That’s just not true. They both played the same role in the same formation but Doku runs at people repeatedly but Grealish doesn’t. That’s not their instructions, it’s the type of players they are. Doku had explosive pace and Grealish doesn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.