Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Wow.

Doku and Gvardiol look to me like they are brilliant signings who both have the potential to be world class, or very close. Kovocic and Nunes look like proper players to me too. I think we’ve probably strengthened the squad.

Grealish will be shit scared of Doku’s arrival because he’s not going to be playing much the way it’s looking to me.
Doku is a tricksy little player. Going to give lots of full backs nightmares.

Gvardiol had another impressive game.

Both are very young and have huge potential.

Wow.

Doku and Gvardiol look to me like they are brilliant signings who both have the potential to be world class, or very close. Kovocic and Nunes look like proper players to me too. I think we’ve probably strengthened the squad.

Grealish will be shit scared of Doku’s arrival because he’s not going to be playing much the way it’s looking to me.
Agreed on Gvardiol he looks like a very good signing.

Not happy with Doku, as fluke have been under instructions, but he could have roasted Milner for more more minutes that there were in the half. No wonder he was taken off at half time!
I think De Zerbi picked Milner to rile up Grealish. Kicking him and getting in his ear.

Then Doku started and Milner went off at half time with twisted blood.

City excellent in the first half. Dipped in the second. Didn’t get the ball out wider enough in the second but maybe Brighton made adjustments to stop flow (I didn’t pay them much attention). Apart from a brief spell, City had the 2nd half very much under control.

This year’s team is still forming and after last year’s exertions for much of the squad, a slowish start and players pacing themselves is somewhat inevitable.

Not for the first time, the score line was closer than it should have been but three points is the important thing.

Having Stones back is a huge boost.

Tough few weeks now and the only goal is to progress in the UCL and stay in touch in the league.

Doku is a tricksy little player. Going to give lots of full backs nightmares.

Gvardiol had another impressive game.

Both are very young and have huge potential.
The looked more comfortable with eachother today as well. Felt like the majority moving forward went through them. And seemed to have more awareness of eachother defensively. Even if some games other pairings are preferred, Hopefully they have a lot of good years together on that side.

Last edited:
Reactions: OB1
Sounds fair. Mitoma gives most people a rinsing, but it's weird to see that against Walker.
What was weird was that it seemed to only happen later in the game, backing up that Walker was knackered. First half he barely touched the ball.

A super first half with Phil and Doku impressive on the ball. Great finish by Haaland.

Second half was like a couple of games already this season. Game becomes niggly and we seem to get affected by it and lose our rhythm.

Good save by Ortega when called upon although his distribution was very hit and miss.
His distribution was diabolical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.