Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I enjoyed the game overall today, it was good to play against a team who came to try and play football.

First half we were brilliant, we played them off the park.

Great to see Rodders and Stones back. Doku & Foden were great first half, it was good to see us getting it wide and wave after wave of attack.

I need to watch it back, but some of the refs decisions seemed questionable in the ground.

The only good thing that bellend did all day was blow up early. Should really have played at least 100 minutes
They said 4 minutes just before the clock hit 90 and whilst the Brighton player was down injured. By the time the injured player left the pitch the clock showed 94 minutes. So the 4 minutes should have become 8 and the game should have ended on 102 minutes baring any other stopages.

The whistling wanker blew before the clock hit 100 minutes, the idiot couldn’t even get his timings right.

It wasn’t. He misplaced a few passes, but in general, he beat the pres with aplomb.

Ortega is the best Second choice keeper in our league by far.

He’s the absolute perfect profile for a 2nd keeper. He fits Pep’s style and is similar enough to Ederson that it’s not a huge adjustment when he plays.

He’s good enough to play elsewhere at a high level, but his career trajectory and age means he’s probably happy just to win a few trophies and play a few games a season at the very top level.

He’s young enough that he could stay 4/5/6 years.

I need to watch it back, but some of the refs decisions seemed questionable in the ground.
At least he was consistent, consistently shite for both teams.

As for our game, I understand why we go into conservation mode, but again today it put us in trouble. We just stopped playing in the second half, and it's dangerous at 2-0, if (as happened) they get a (lucky to a degree) goal, it gives the opponent momentum, and we end up hanging on, though to be fair they didn't create a whole lot after they scored.

For long periods of the second half we had little or no midfield, and I found it quite frustrating, and the good movement from the first half just dried up.

Brighton this year are a bit erratic, but they're too good a side to play like we did second half, they're second top scorers in the league, so it was a dangerous game to play.

Reactions: OB1
They said 4 minutes just before the clock hit 90 and whilst the Brighton player was down injured. By the time the injured player left the pitch the clock showed 94 minutes. So the 4 minutes should have become 8 and the game should have ended on 102 minutes baring any other stopages.

The whistling wanker blew before the clock hit 100 minutes, the idiot couldn’t even get his timings right.
No, the 4 added minutes never started so when March was carried off at 94 mins the time left was the added 4 mins plus a minute or so for the subs made. The ref got little right today but the timing was bang on IMO.

He’s quick and has lightning acceleration. He struggled against Saint Maximin too last season. The jinking hes not so great at defending.
Thought Walker did pretty well against him though he was out of position for the goal. Mitoma looked most threatening a couple of times when he left the wing and went centrally.

Best we've played for ages ,rodri and stones make a massive difference they aren't a bad team but thought we made it look easy enough? Up the Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.