Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Ederson in net pinging balls to Doku with all that space and it's 8 fucking nil.

Ref was an absolute "see ya next Tuesday"

That says it all when we moan about the ref after a win, happens far too often!
Emerson?

Bernardo yet to click into gear also, stuttering along at the moment… a motoring silva would have had Doku in 10 times at least today; when one of those many variables align, it will be carnage!
I noticed Doku not passing to Bernardo much today. I don't think he is fully on the team wavelength yet.
Doku had a good game, but he needs to improve his decision making.
He's doing well so early in his City career, though.

Started off like a house on fire but we came out for the second half just happy to see the game out , very strange , an early goal in the second half and Brighton would have folded like a cheap suit , they play pretty football but as Villa proved when they bet them 6-1 , they have no fight when the chips are down.
The referee was determined to even the game up , Rob Jones is one of the worst in the league , some of his decisions were unbelievably biassed , its quite obvious we are going to have to beat PGMOL and their agenda from Richard Masters to win another title, they dont want four titles on the trot.

Thought he played well first half, just started checking back and not beating the full back, but we have seen Jack have the same instructions. Still not convinced he or any of our summer signings are top drawer, but time will tell either way. Think we are missing the ‘Jack’ of last season and Kev of course. Great to see Stonesy back.
Wow.

Doku and Gvardiol look to me like they are brilliant signings who both have the potential to be world class, or very close. Kovocic and Nunes look like proper players to me too. I think we’ve probably strengthened the squad.

Grealish will be shit scared of Doku’s arrival because he’s not going to be playing much the way it’s looking to me.

We don't have a right to turn up and spank teams, though on good days it will happen. Doesn't hurt at all at this point in the season to have to dig deep and grind one out against a very good team. That's how titles are won.

I think Pep is tweaking and working out his best team, but I think when he cracks it that front four could be very dangerous.

The crowd getting on Grealish's back for holding up and slowing down play at 85 mins was a bit bonkers.

We don't have a right to turn up and spank teams, though on good days it will happen. Doesn't hurt at all at this point in the season to have to dig deep and grind one out against a very good team. That's how titles are won.

I think Pep is tweaking and working out his best team, but I think when he cracks it that front four could be very dangerous.

The crowd getting on Grealish's back for holding up and slowing down play at 85 mins was a bit bonkers.
I thought Grealish did well.

He drew out 2 or 3 players every time he pushed forward.

He did the job he was brought on to do.

If we can ever figure out how to use our front men properly we'll be terrifying opponents.
At the moment they are not connecting and too often are all in a straight line behind defenders in the box. Notice how when we defend on our backsides a ball in is weakly knocked away to on oncoming opponent. We need to mix it up more.

“We’re top of the league, we’re top of the league we’re not playing very well but we’re top of the league”

Altogether now.
Yep. 1st half we looked unstoppable, 2nd half we wobbled a bit but bottom line we got 3 points.
I visit this place less and less these days as only here can you find so called supporters throwing our players under the bus for not scoring more goals despite securing a win. Makes you miss the old days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.