Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

1666459541288.png

They outworked and outpassed us but Laporte and Dias were solid and Haaland bailed us out.

Barely got out of 1st gear. Needed to step up and did after Foden was introduced but that was a really bad overall performance from a team that loves ball possession and creation.. it was like pulling teeth at times getting 10 passes together.

Cancelo, KDB (despite his goal), Mahrez are in a bad run of form.

Bernardo worked his ass off.

And I think we actually need a right back. Akanji made a bad mistake but thankfully it wasn't punished.

Oh well.. need to do a lot better to win the PL this year.. I actually thought we played better at Liverpool and lost cuz of the 1 mistake.

I thought they were every bit as good as Potters team.
I have not seen a team come to the Etihad for years and play so expansively.

They went man for man and were the better team for large periods.

Same old , they haven't a goalscorer and the rest of the team don't chip in with goals.

They were a joy to watch, and I bet Pep will be glowing about them.

Lucky we have a couple of worldies to swing a game like that.
Think he’s a better manager.

Brighton did very well.

I think we should be somewhat encouraged that despite being under par against a good team, we still came away with a comfortable scoreline.

We were sloppy, but I'm hopeful that it's just a blip.

We were so sloppy today. But we were made to look sloppy by a hard working Brighton side.
There are times when our wide players need to come inside a bit and drop back. Today was that day as Rodri was passed round continually today. The alternative is two DMs of course which Pep used to do a lot at Barca but now rarely does.
Mahrez with his new contract was shit and it is unforgivable missing the two guilt edge chance he had. He should have got the Shepherd's Crook at half time.

Last edited:
Thought we were poor today but got a goood result.
We will play far better but lose this season

I simply do not understand how the penalty for the foul on Bernardo wasn't given immediately by VAR. Waiting 3 minutes to call the ref over. Come on. It's a complete joke.
Everyone in the ground knew it was a pen and yes, the ref had 3 or 4 players betweem him and the foul so he was slightly unsighted so he gave the defender the benefit of the doubt, but 3 fucking minutes for goodness sake. 3 fucking minutes! VAR does itself no favours at all.

Last edited:
Brighton are a lovely team to watch and the way they play can cause us issues, and has in the past, so pleased with the 3 points today.

Even if it was shite for the majority.
So Brighton are a lovely team but lost even though we were shite, I'm sure their fans are ecstatic

Credit to Brighton thought when Potter left they might implode but they are still a very good team and play on the front foot , we were not at our best again but that is partly down to a well drilled Brighton team .
That was a very good three points because Brighton will cause problems for top 4/6 teams , Haaland will get the headlines and deservedly so , he is a match winner but we mostly managed the game and got a difficult three points in the bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.