Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

So Brighton are a lovely team but lost even though we were shite, I'm sure their fans are ecstatic

They’re great to watch…until the last third, then they’re blunt. Have been for years and Welbeck isn’t the answer.

If they somehow pluck somebody clinical - Michu at Swansea, Benteke at Villa etc. - then I reckon they’d be flying.

Evening city fans, congratulations on what seemed a hard fought 3 points. Must say i was abit worried about what the score could be when i listened to RDZ pre match, he said he will not defend but still keep his iwn tacticks in possesion, pressing and attacking football.
Not sure about the pen that was given, but the one that wasnt deffinetly was. If only we had a Haaland or KDB. Thats what you get you shop at Harrods, we have middle of Lidl.

I was worried when Potter went, but i like what RDZ is doing, results have not gone our way yet, but hopefully that will change. Maybe if we can get that elusive striker we can challenge for the top 10, maybe even top 6.

There were some comments on the match thread that i can possible answer, Trossard in the last year of his contract, but we have the option of another year, someone said about our right wingback, uf its Solly March, well he divides opinion amongst Brighton fans some say say he has got no end product and is lightweight up against other players however when he gets a ball he looks good going forward but the more upfield he gets a nosebleed and rather than on take a player on he likes to 2 to play it back and he has weak shot on him. Local lad so i wish him all the best, that brings us on to Lamptey, sice missing alot of football due to injury he gas nit been the same and looks like he has lost some pace, if he could return to pre unjury levels than Solly does not start.

After todays performance really happy, especially takeing the game to you. Good luck for the rest of the season, but not against us.

Brighton by far the best passing team we have played this season.

Combination of quality moves and misplaced passes by us. Good result in the end.

Foden is key to the team ticking over in the final third. Big difference when he does not start and when he comes on.

Evening city fans, congratulations on what seemed a hard fought 3 points. Must say i was abit worried about what the score could be when i listened to RDZ pre match, he said he will not defend but still keep his iwn tacticks in possesion, pressing and attacking football.
Not sure about the pen that was given, but the one that wasnt deffinetly was. If only we had a Haaland or KDB. Thats what you get you shop at Harrods, we have middle of Lidl.

I was worried when Potter went, but i like what RDZ is doing, results have not gone our way yet, but hopefully that will change. Maybe if we can get that elusive striker we can challenge for the top 10, maybe even top 6.

There were some comments on the match thread that i can possible answer, Trossard in the last year of his contract, but we have the option of another year, someone said about our right wingback, uf its Solly March, well he divides opinion amongst Brighton fans some say say he has got no end product and is lightweight up against other players however when he gets a ball he looks good going forward but the more upfield he gets a nosebleed and rather than on take a player on he likes to 2 to play it back and he has weak shot on him. Local lad so i wish him all the best, that brings us on to Lamptey, sice missing alot of football due to injury he gas nit been the same and looks like he has lost some pace, if he could return to pre unjury levels than Solly does not start.

After todays performance really happy, especially takeing the game to you. Good luck for the rest of the season, but not against us.
I've just said on a wattsapp group your the best team I've seen for a long time.
Good luck for the rest of the season

So Brighton are a lovely team but lost even though we were shite, I'm sure their fans are ecstatic
I spoke to some in the car park after the game, they said they aren’t clinical enough with their final pass and that’s why they’re not top 6.

They also said it was great to see City in the flesh and more specifically Haaland.

I told them they’re a really good side and should be proud of how they press and pass the ball.

I like them a lot.

Ederson, 6 - kicking was all over the place but found the assist for Haaland, should have done better for their goal but then made that huge save to deny Trossard a second time... mixed performance

Akanji, 5 - his worst game so far, looked very much like a CB playing out of position
Dias, 8 - solid throughout and kept us above water during some tough periods
Laporte, 8 - really good to see him back, a steady head that we badly needed
Cancelo, 6 - struggled to move the ball through midfield today but didn't do anything wrong

Rodri, 5 - completely lost his head at points and struggled with Bernardo & KDB being man-marked
De Bruyne, 6 - looked miles off it and then produced *that* goal, reminds me more and more of latter-day Yaya
Bernardo, 7 - man-marked throughout but still looked tidy and dangerous in spells

Mahrez, 4 - made that one good run in the first half but did nothing else, was blowing out his arse in the second half and begging to come off after an hour
Haaland, 9 - he's on the pitch to score goals and that's exactly what he did, clear MOTM
Grealish, 6 - neat and tidy as always, organised, just wasn't dangerous enough really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.