Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

A sloppy bitty performance but we dug in and got away with it. The relief in the stands when Kev's rocket went in was immense. Brighton are a very good side as we know and if they had a decent forward would be higher up the table. Ederson had a shocker, his distribution was all over the place and their goal was prime Margetson, "He's saved it ....oh shit no he hasn't." Mahrez and Grealish poor again, bench warmers unless there's a big improvement. I've never seen us give the ball away so much or be dominated in possession, 54/46% to Brighton. Three points is three points and others around us have dropped points but we need to improve.

Full credit to Brighton who played very well, especially the second half, but if you stand off a team who can play, you get a performance like that. I hope to never see Grealish Haaland Mahrez against anyone who can play out from the back again. Seen varying opinions on who had a good/bad game, but for me Rodri had a stinker, too many loose balls, caught in possession several times, and never seemed to have the ball under control, everything was up in the air or bouncing around him, he needed to take charge of that midfield and the ball. Mahrez, wasteful, indecisive, and lacking fitness, was blowing after an hour & looked like he was running in treacle. The decision to extend his contract that long looks a poor one. The rest where all a bit Meh, with only Haaland getting anywhere near his usual performance levels. Out of the subs Phil was dynamic, played with pace, intensity & purpose, something the team had lacked all game. The worry for me is we had no midweek game (maybe that was the problem?) and most of our midfield looked shattered, Kev Rodri Bernie Haaland Joao all need a break but there’s no way that can happen in the same game

Agree, not to mention endless substitutions and a couple of players on the ground for a while. Probably just as well more wasn't added on though as there would only have been me and a few friends left in the ground.
This would have been an extended first half though.

A sloppy bitty performance but we dug in and got away with it. The relief in the stands when Kev's rocket went in was immense. Brighton are a very good side as we know and if they had a decent forward would be higher up the table. Ederson had a shocker, his distribution was all over the place and their goal was prime Margetson, "He's saved it ....oh shit no he hasn't." Mahrez and Grealish poor again, bench warmers unless there's a big improvement. I've never seen us give the ball away so much or be dominated in possession, 54/46% to Brighton. Three points is three points and others around us have dropped points but we need to improve.
Mahrez was poor and clearly low on confidence at the moment. Grealish was great until he tired.

Ederson distribution poor and beaten on near post for the goal
Akanji looked like a centre half playing right back
Dias beaten in the air far too many times, including by Adam Lallana
Laporte steady
Cancelo steady
Rodri gave the ball away far too much
Bernardo worked his socks off
Mahrez poor beyond belief. Lacking confidence poor lad
Grealish 100% pass completion rate but needs another goal to lift his confidence
KDB unbelievable goal but below par for his standards
Haaland, two good goals but even his passing was astray at times
Foden did ok when he came on.

So lots of well below par performances and we still nab three points, not bed eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.