Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Noticed that ederson was holding his left hip most of the 2nd half and it looked like Dias was going to take the goal kicks a couple of times. Maybe a knock or injury there.

Brighton really had me worried. Caicedo bossed the midfield until we made subs. Never take KDB off unless out of sight is the motto.

Comfortable win against a decent side, it would have been nice to give Haaland a chance to get another hat trick, but with so many games before the World Cup break, it makes sense to keep the Viking fresh, and give Alvarez game time. I would settle for a draw on Tuesday, and hope we can win the rest of the Premier League games before the World Cup. If players are tired and injuries mount up, I wouldn’t be too bothered if we don’t beat Chelsea in the League Cup

Several players out of form mate, maybe it's time to give the lads who haven't played that much a few run outs now. Gomez, Palmer, Alvarez need some matches
Thinking back we were also poor against Wolves n’all.

The only time we’ve played well in the last month was for an hour against United where we were incredible but even in the last half hour of that game we were bobbins.

Ederson, 6 - kicking was all over the place but found the assist for Haaland, should have done better for their goal but then made that huge save to deny Trossard a second time... mixed performance

Akanji, 5 - his worst game so far, looked very much like a CB playing out of position
Dias, 8 - solid throughout and kept us above water during some tough periods
Laporte, 8 - really good to see him back, a steady head that we badly needed
Cancelo, 6 - struggled to move the ball through midfield today but didn't do anything wrong

Rodri, 5 - completely lost his head at points and struggled with Bernardo & KDB being man-marked
De Bruyne, 6 - looked miles off it and then produced *that* goal, reminds me more and more of latter-day Yaya
Bernardo, 7 - man-marked throughout but still looked tidy and dangerous in spells

Mahrez, 4 - made that one good run in the first half but did nothing else, was blowing out his arse in the second half and begging to come off after an hour
Haaland, 9 - he's on the pitch to score goals and that's exactly what he did, clear MOTM
Grealish, 6 - neat and tidy as always, organised, just wasn't dangerous enough really
Really? Thought Dias was awful, couldn’t find a blue shirt.

Three games in a row now where we’ve looked miles off it in terms of intensity and sharpness.

Thought we were poor in Copenhagen, distinctly average at Anfield, and poor today.

Bernardo and Rodri ran their blood to water but some of the others were awful.

Ederson and Dias just spent 90 minutes mis-kicking the ball, Akanji was ran rings around by March and Trossard in the second half (he’ll still be dizzy now), Mahrez was terrible he wasn’t even concentrating at times, Grealish started alright but did sod all second half, Haaland had a good first half but he was useless second half couldn’t control the ball but he scored a monster of an opener and a penalty that went past the ’keeper before he moved so you can let him off. de Bruyne did alright, scored a beauty, but he looks proper knackered!

Overall, we looked like we’d taken a phone call while in the pub watching Forest v Liverpool and told we had to play against Brighton at 15.00.

Brighton were very good today but they played a high line and I we only played Haaland down the channels for a run about three times all game. What was that about? He kept making the runs and we just kept not passing for him to run into space.
We’ve not really played well since half time in the derby tbf
We have another two or three gears to go through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.