Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Excellent performance against a well organised and hard working Brighton. Pleased for Erling and Kev for their goals.
Was hoping Mahrez didn't get the pen :)
Not keen on Akanji at RB either.
All round a pleasing performance. Well done lads. Nice day with Littlepool losing :)

Can't agree with your 'absolute garbage' comment. We were not at our best today but still got an important three points.
Can't be the best team in the world every week.
This,you can't be at your peak all season,it's about keeping in contention in all comps and try and hit your peak when the trophies are getting dished out.

Brighton is the best side we played so far this season. They could be a top 6 team with 1-2 above average EPL players,
Ederson passing was on-off today, very strange. Continuing to be rubbish at shot-stopping, excellent 1-on-1.
Mahrez is currently in whatever is diametrically opposite to 'form of his life'. He tried to put a shift in, but I think he is the player suffering the most with the new 'Haaland set up'.
Haaland - I think we are tactically weaker with him, particularly against the better teams that are able to pass a ball around, but he (over)compensates with goals, so no point in focusing on it. That was a clear penalty ref!!!!!!
Rodri and Bernardo are the engine of this team.
And enjoy Foden before Southgate get his hands on him, he completely changes our team's dynamics when subbed on.

Hope we win every match 3-1 to the end of the season with these below par performances. That should clinch us the title I think.
This ^
Yeah I don't get the "we were rubbish" comments really. It's the result that counts. So many times we played really really well and didnt score, even lost the odd game, were much more frustrating imo.
Now we have Erling.

This ^
Yeah I don't get the "we were rubbish" comments really. It's the result that counts. So many times we played really really well and didnt score, even lost the odd game, were much more frustrating imo.
Now we have Erling.
Yeah, we weren’t shit today. Brighton upped their game and played a bit like Bielsa did when they won 2-1 despite having a man sent off.

Man to man all over the pitch and we struggled to deal with it at times.

Having said that, we scored 2 really good goals and got through it.

As good as Brighton were, on another day if our passing game was the usual standard, we’d have passed our way past the press time after time and have scored half a dozen and everybody would be saying their approach was brave but suicidal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.