Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Can't see it. He got a rise and nobody is going to want him with his age and wages.

We should have got what we could in the summer or offered him as a makeweight for somebody else.

He's obviously content at City, but Pep won't give up on him and his quality just yet.

Hope we did a basic wage if he sat in the bench

Can't see it. He got a rise and nobody is going to want him with his age and wages.

We should have got what we could in the summer or offered him as a makeweight for somebody else.

He's obviously content at City, but Pep won't give up on him and his quality just yet.

Such shame, he is the only player that agreed to stay and fight for his place. The other three (Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko) is unhappy for their playing time and want to go to the club that give them more playing time.

They’re decent, but I think if we were playing Potters Brighton we might have conceded a second goal at 2-1.

They’re just not quite as good as they were
They created more passes and had more possession than us on Saturday, which is extrememly rare at the Etihad.

Rodri and Eddie's worst game for us, but that was more down the excellent tactics deployed by Brighton, very impressed with them.

The right back, Caceido and Trossard are all top players.

I could see a midfielder or forward was always closing the lane to Rodders.

Eddie, aside from the excellent assist for Erling, has been poor all season with his feet and gave away so many passes yesterday.

I thought Erling and Bernie dragged us to the points yesterday. Pep was bang on about Kev not being close to his usual levels.

Very worrying again the lack of quality from Mahrez and Grealish when they start together.

Mahrez, is particular, can't believe the club handed such a long term deal at his age.
Clearly neither Grealish or Mahrez are of a Miguel Almiron standard....

Can’t imagine he’s arsed but it’s made grealish look a bit of a buffoon after his Almiron comment. Almiron having an excellent season, and Grealish treading water at best.

Grealish is always a buffoon ignoring the comment he made and like you said i don't think he cares much about Almiron form. The only thing he cares about is to please Pep so he can play regulary.

Not sure I've seen it work. Or Mahrez work with a stand-in RB. Guess the idea is to draw players on the left, then switch to Mahrez on the right - who ostensibly has the option of KDB in the halfspace. To me it limits Grealish's potential and is reliant on Mahrez not being shite. Add in that he's awful defensively, that KDB doesn't cover effectively either, and the right hand side is easy to attack.

I just can't see the benefits of starting them both at the moment. I'd much rather Grealish - Haaland - Foden/Palmer/Alvarez.
Cancelo & Foden down the left is our best option by million miles, the work rate going fwd is j7st the same without the ball
Cancelo & Grealish is great against poor & average teams but against good attacking or excellent teams with the ball both look very poor in the defending last 3rd

Mahrez I'm afraid has been poor for a while now imo, that chance yesterday is food & drink for his ability he just isn't at it imo

Cole Palmer & Alvarez should be coming on instead or we keep Berny out right problem is we take away his all round game when in the middle, yesterday Berny was dictating the ball off Ederson

B9thbGrealish & Mahrez need lots of game time but Pep won't wait he can't we need to keep winning

Champs league against Dortmund has to be the best in form

Liecester will be bouncing with there wins 2 weeks ago we would haveput6 into them now it becomes a very very tough game

Games against Saville & Chelsea gives players opertunities leaving Brentford & Fulham again our best in form starting 11.

Going to be a few sulking imo how Pep responds will be intresting.

Dortmund A
Eddy
Cancelo Akanji Dias Ake
Rodri
Kev Gundagun
Berny Phil
Haaland

Liecester

Best team

Ederson was worryingly bad. I know he got an assist but his passing was abysmal. If he cant pass he doesnt really have a place.

might be time for ortega to have a go
Why was he 25 yards out of his goal all the time? One poor pass, and they would have had a certain goal.

Why was he 25 yards out of his goal all the time? One poor pass, and they would have had a certain goal.
It was a tactic they’d worked on to combat and bypass Brightons man to man pressing, trouble was he brought it out but all his passing options were marked. Obviously there’s a risk, a risk Pep was happy to take. He even did a mid first half team talk with Ederson, Haaland , Bernardo and somebody else can’t remember who,I presume to fine tune the tactic and play over the press, which led to the goal.
Sometimes when we don’t play as well as usual it’s because the opposition are well drilled and carry out their plan well, not because we are bad. Even then we usually find a way, and we did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.