Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Excellent performance against a well organised and hard working Brighton. Pleased for Erling and Kev for their goals.
Was hoping Mahrez didn't get the pen :)
Not keen on Akanji at RB either.
All round a pleasing performance. Well done lads. Nice day with Littlepool losing :)
Me neither. Laporte can play LB, Nathan can play LB, Stonesy can operate at RB but Manny is an out and out CB. He looked a little lost yesterday when under pressure and Tosser had just the game to expose his lack of credentials as a full back.

Rodri and Eddie's worst game for us, but that was more down the excellent tactics deployed by Brighton, very impressed with them.

The right back, Caceido and Trossard are all top players.

I could see a midfielder or forward was always closing the lane to Rodders.

Eddie, aside from the excellent assist for Erling, has been poor all season with his feet and gave away so many passes yesterday.

I thought Erling and Bernie dragged us to the points yesterday. Pep was bang on about Kev not being close to his usual levels.

Very worrying again the lack of quality from Mahrez and Grealish when they start together.

Mahrez, is particular, can't believe the club handed such a long term deal at his age.
Energy levels yesterday and Liverpool were below our usual best
But we are moving away from our title contenders with the exception of Arsenal
Just wait till we click as we always do
Enjoy the ride

It was a functional victory. Thought we were in cruise control for most of it. Walking out to the carparks some teenage lad thought it would be funny to start singing "Twelve went up, seven died, United playing five a side".

Assume it's a Munich reference. Felt like smacking him in the mouth but thought better of it

Exactly, and it was evident why. We just couldn’t play through the middle, they shut off all lanes and looked they had an extra couple of players on the pitch at times. Very impressive.

I found it strange that KDB didn't get hooked for Gundo. Granted I called for it and he then scored, but I think in terms of controlling the game it was an odd decision. Pep seemed to be happy that we had lost control in the second half and made changes that were geared towards countering.

It does certainly feel like we're a player or two short currently, but we're still very very good and capable.

It wasn't an easy game at all and it's been a while since we've had to put up with the audacity of the opposition seeing more of the ball that us, but we came through it and can't be begrudged the win.

Things that were clicking a few weeks back are now stuttering again, which was helping the likes of Akanji and Alvarez settle in and Mahrez to have time to regain form. When they're both not functioning well then the issues become more obvious.

Palmer must be very close to starting, he did well on that right side. Reminds me of kev one minute, Bernie the next, and I can see with familiarity in a role he'll be starting by season end. World cup probably too soon for him but Gareth could do a lot worse with his selection wild card. He makes teams play and be positive.

But, the city of last season were champions, and that could have been a draw with a false 9. Or maybe we'd overrun the midfield, who knows.

Walker is such a big miss for us and we're going to have to talk about another option sooner or later, but all said and done it was 3 points well won and we'd not be debating half the points if we'd been a bit more ruthless in that first half.

Well done to Brighton too, they've got a good team there and once they hit a run they'll be tough to bring back down. Tried to play football rather than moaning mostly too (centre backs aside). Caicedo reminded me a little of Fernandinho too, no bad thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.