Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Very worrying again the lack of quality from Mahrez and Grealish when they start together.

Not sure I've seen it work. Or Mahrez work with a stand-in RB. Guess the idea is to draw players on the left, then switch to Mahrez on the right - who ostensibly has the option of KDB in the halfspace. To me it limits Grealish's potential and is reliant on Mahrez not being shite. Add in that he's awful defensively, that KDB doesn't cover effectively either, and the right hand side is easy to attack.

I just can't see the benefits of starting them both at the moment. I'd much rather Grealish - Haaland - Foden/Palmer/Alvarez.

Rodri and Eddie's worst game for us, but that was more down the excellent tactics deployed by Brighton, very impressed with them.

The right back, Caceido and Trossard are all top players.

I could see a midfielder or forward was always closing the lane to Rodders.

Eddie, aside from the excellent assist for Erling, has been poor all season with his feet and gave away so many passes yesterday.

I thought Erling and Bernie dragged us to the points yesterday. Pep was bang on about Kev not being close to his usual levels.

Very worrying again the lack of quality from Mahrez and Grealish when they start together.

Mahrez, is particular, can't believe the club handed such a long term deal at his age.
Mahrez looks worn out mentally and physically.

That's the price you pay when your girlfriend is fit and a bit younger than you, his head is probably all over the shop.

As for Eddie I'm sure he's carrying an injury, I'm sure his hip got a good whack against the tramps or Copenhagen.

Brighton's performance in the second half was the best I've seen from an away team at our place in a long time. Credit to them, they battled to get back in the game and played really well.

There were a few poor performances from City. I had expected a reaction after Anfield, but it was more like a hangover! Still, we came through it with a win and what a goal from De Bruyne, even if he wasn't at his best yesterday.

I watched MOTD earlier and was surprised they didn't mention how shambolic VAR was for our penalty award. Play continued for ages after the incident and Brighton even had a shot at goal, which was blocked by a City defender. The officials must have been relieved it didn't go in. The use of VAR, several seasons in is still infuriating, particularly inside the stadium with no replays or information.

Not sure I've seen it work. Or Mahrez work with a stand-in RB. Guess the idea is to draw players on the left, then switch to Mahrez on the right - who ostensibly has the option of KDB in the halfspace. To me it limits Grealish's potential and is reliant on Mahrez not being shite. Add in that he's awful defensively, that KDB doesn't cover effectively either, and the right hand side is easy to attack.

I just can't see the benefits of starting them both at the moment. I'd much rather Grealish - Haaland - Foden/Palmer/Alvarez.
Never once thought Grealish could be better if Mahrez was not playing.
Mahrez was good last season and it didn't help Grealish once.

On a different note can someone tell me the rest of the lyrics in the song that Starts

Follow follow follow.

I get Phil and Bernardo Kevin De Bruyne John Stones.....
Follow, follow, follow,
We’ve got the best football team in the world,
Rodri and Gundo,
Phil and Bernardo,
Kevin De Bruyne, John Stones

Think he is given the contract so he can have some value when he inevitably leave next summer, Maybe some italian or france club will be interested on his service,
Can't see it. He got a rise and nobody is going to want him with his age and wages.

We should have got what we could in the summer or offered him as a makeweight for somebody else.

He's obviously content at City, but Pep won't give up on him and his quality just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.