Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Brighton are a very good side.

Luckily for us they don't have Kevin De Bruyne and Erling Haaland.

Good win against a decent Brighton side. Nowhere near our best and there was a period of about 10 to15 mins after they scored that Brighton threatened. But 3 points secured which is the most important thing.

Disappointed in Kevin De Bruyne’s goal celebration ! The all seeing eye! What the fuck is he playing at

Dunno what it is but we don’t look anything like the team from last season
Nothing to do with haalands signing just looks like all the players have lost that urgency and accuracy whether it’s defenders shitting the bed players pulling out of tackles( maybe World Cup related) hesitancy in front of goal etc
Special mention for Edison and mahrez who have become far too comfortable
Game wise it’s 3 points regardless but if we don’t get back to our best it’s pot luck who wins the league from top 4
I'd like to see us go back to a more structured 4-3-3. Pushing KDB up almost alongside Haaland has left us a bit light in CM and this is making it harder for us to control games the way we used to. Not enough passing options for our defence, too easy to play through and not as much protection for the defence.

'The third finished the game'​

Manchester City 3-1 Brighton
18c44f8f-e824-4f4b-bb6b-dad259f741f9.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne, who scored their third goal, says: "The first half we had fully under control, we didn't let them play. We should've scored to make it 3-0 and they scored for 2-1. It was a bit tight in the game but obviously scoring the third finished the game.
"I got the ball from Bernardo [Silva], looked through the options, I was in space there, shot and it went in perfectly."
On team-mate Erling Haaland, De Bruyne adds: "He is there to score the goals and he is having a really good season. He has helped us win games.
"It's just the start, he is doing what he needs to do. The team is playing well for the moment so that's all we can do."

6194eb4c-d0e9-4989-b2d8-d2489d921d4b.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.