Brighton (H) - Wed 20th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the old "rest" thing. We're as obsessed as Pep. Sometimes players have off games by their standards - as in every sport.
Young, fit athletes, with all the recovery assistance available playing in now crunch matches, with all the adrenaline.
Have we learnt nothing.
Understand you’re point but ‘off games’ are very often the result of sustained efforts over a short period of time. For some players it might be an excuse but for Bernie who has played two intense WC qualifiers as well in the last month there might be an element of fatigue which may lead to him dropping slightly below his ridiculously high standards. If him sitting out a game means he is injury free for the remaining games after tonight then it could be sensible to leave him out.

Brighton have the 6th best away record in the league (they have only lost 3 games away all season) and have won at arsenal, spurs and drawn at Liverpool and Chelsea already this season. With the fixtures we have left and the timing of this particular fixture (after a very tough week and now 2nd in league) i honestly believe this will be the toughest test along with wolves away.

Not sure why that is such a strange comment.

Brighton have the 6th best away record in the league (they have only lost 3 games away all season) and have won at arsenal, spurs and drawn at Liverpool and Chelsea already this season. With the fixtures we have left and the timing of this particular fixture (after a very tough week and now 2nd in league) i honestly believe this will be the toughest test along with wolves away.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but in light of what you say, it seems strange it hasn’t been selected as a tv match. They normally want “every twist & turn” in front of the cameras.

Yep there manager and team love playing the better teams because no pressure they just keep the ball and be patient! I know under pep we play the slow build up but sometimes teams like this you have to go at them quickly one touch passing and overrun them in there box.

Tough one this and I imagine that Phil and Bern are both reaching the time for a rest.

Eddie
Cancelo Stones Laporte Ake
KDB Rodri Grealish
Mahrez Jesus Raz

Bench: Lavia, McAtee, Dias, Phil, Bern, Delap, Steffen.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but in light of what you say, it seems strange it hasn’t been selected as a tv match. They normally want “every twist & turn” in front of the cameras.
Sometimes them twists come at a very unexpected time.

Toughest game left for us, which probably means a comfortable win followed by dropped points at the weekend against Watford.

It reads like you thought we were playing away at Brighton. I now understand what you meant.

Win these 2 and with 4 points ahead on Saturday evening, Everton will be fighting for their very existence the day after. It will be a merseyside derby like no other. Would rather we just win all 7 but if they are going to drop any points it might be on Sunday.

Reprehensible that Brighton and Watford are not on TV. Any suggestions on how to watch these 2 gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.