Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

It was one of those that you could say was technically a foul, but the goal would have stood 9 times out of 10, it was that soft. The defender did pull/hold (some difference of opinion on here) Haaland first though so if you're going to give a foul for anything it's a penalty. That is why people are unhappy, you can't say one is a foul and one isn't.
That’s what i thought had happened. Felt like a classic in the box off the ball moment. Nobody hit the deck and I didn’t see Brighton complaining.

Rodri saying City have got so many central defenders out...really ? Laporte and Akanji both injured ? What about Dias ?
Phillips should have started tonight and Gundogan rested.

I thought it was a pretty obvious foul tbh. I get your point to an extent but the bar is always lower for attackers, even with corners, and especially if a goal comes from it.

Really enjoyable game and chuffed for Brighton getting the europa league. One of the few other teams I’ve really enjoyed watching the last couple of seasons.
Both Haaland and the defender both had a shirt pull. Problem is, VAR seemed to look at it from the one side angle showing the obvious Haaland pull but not the defender from the other sidpulling first.

Brighton are fast becoming my favourite other PL club. Really well run, well managed, and best placed alongside Newcastle to challenge the traditional "top clubs".

City had enough chances to say we should have won. But Ortega is MOTM for me.
Hopefully they can keep their squad intact
But once Arsenal & Dippers come sniffing, I think their chairman Bloom, will cash in

Brighton remind me of Southampton and Swansea. As Arsenal found out last season the Europa League will take it out of them next season.

If it was the other way around you and every City fan would have wanted the foul, because I would of wanted the foul if one of our centre half would have been pulled back.
If it was the other way around I would have expected the goal to stand, because soft ones like that usually do.

The main point is it wasn't a clear and obvious error, ref was well placed. At what point did the rules change that VAR checks everything?

A case of after the Lord Mayor's parade, & the horrors of too much alcohol! :-/

We should've been 1-4 up after 30 minutes, so if anyone's found Haaland's shooting boots, can they return them immediately please!

With reports of the squad going out on Sunday night, & several of the squad being left in Manchester as a result, this match was always destined to be one of safety first & fulfilling a dead rubber fixture where we were only playing for pride & to keep our winning sequence going.

Haaland was off colour. Mahrez was totally ineffective & Rodri playing as CB had little control or effect on the match.

In fact Haaland should've been withdrawn on 60 minutes. I'm not in favour of us playing him seemingly just so he can break records. It wasn't his night & we needed an extra body in midfield.

Palmer was effective when he came on, then went quiet for 15 minutes, then came alive for the last 10. I thought Lewis had a good game, but with all the changes in personnel & with little riding on the match, we looked a shadow of our normal self.

I've no issues with the disallowed Haaland goal. It was a clear tug & was adjudged to be enough to put their defender off to give Haaland an unfair advantage.

At least we got a point away & gave a run out to a few of the main players to keep them ticking over. Right now I can't wait for the PL to be over so we can get ourselves together & focused for the two finals we have. Right now our mentality is gonna decide how our season ends & we've gotta get back to our rhythm.

I reckon we'll play a stronger team against Brentford, as we desperately need to get our game-face back on so the balance of our season doesn't implode.

I'm not a misery guts, but surely our squad could wait until the end of the season for a celebratory piss up? We've been here before when our PL season has been won with a few games to go, the rest of the season has fizzled out accordingly & we've found ourselves unable to raise our levels sufficiently again.

Hopefully we'll get ourselves back on it ASAP, so roll on Sunday & the end of a gruelling Premier League season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.