Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

I am always bemused by those who in this case say Brighton needed a point to secure Europa League football with the goal difference they had.

Am I missing something or is there a playoff if points are tied.

If it was the other way around you and every City fan would have wanted the foul, because I would have wanted the foul if one of our centre half would have been pulled back.
Nope seen far worse not given . Brighton defender just gave up . Disallow that via VAR then another 30 goals should have been referred to VAR this season and disallowed.

Some really shitty soft fouls given tonight, it's a huge part of the game now that pisses me off. Zero contact or bare minimal at least and players know how to win the foul, refs always falling for it as well. We have a few lads who are good at it as well, but Brighton players in that first half especially were right cheating twats

If it was the other way around I would have expected the goal to stand, because soft ones like that usually do.

The main point is it wasn't a clear and obvious error, ref was well placed. At what point did the rules change that VAR checks everything?
Yep

If it was the other way around you and every City fan would have wanted the foul, because I would have wanted the foul if one of our centre half would have been pulled back.
Would have wanted it. But it was soft imo, see goals given with pushing and shoving in the box all of the time.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed ‘em. You showed ‘em all. Especially the seagulls but we’ll done to them for getting the point they needed. Especially that stupid, biased Specsavers needing media rubbish. Especially that PIGMOL crowd who tried once again to beat us but tough luck you are up against a machine team!! Ha, ha, ha.

Did I read something that said John Stones got injured? :-(

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.
We did show them, EB.
I think Stones is ok, fingers crossed. He sat down on his bum, like they do, so that a couple of subs could be made, some may have thought he was injured but he sat on the bench when he came off, so hopefully all will be good. It looked like Silva who was struggling a bit.
What I took from the game was, some the away fans applauded the Brighton goal. Fantastic sportsmanship, almost unheard of these days.
Haaland has a head like a 50p piece.
Foden is trying to play his way into the side, by upping his game, unfortunately I feel Mahrez is doing the opposite.
Alvarez looks tired and it seems his touch has deserted him.
On the whole pleased with a point but if we needed to win the game, it would have been a different first 11 and we would have beaten Brighton.

The problem is whoever he plays won’t be busting a gut. Personally I wouldn’t play any of the key players in that game. De Bruyne, Haaland, Rodri should be rested.

I know he made some good saves and I’ve been impressed this season but I don’t think Ortega’s kicking out was up to scratch at times tonight and could have been punished.

Not sure about resting players, isn't it better that they're in a rhythm so ready to go in the final?

Kinell, you're right. Forgot about that.
I feel sure Pep will stick with Otega for the FA Cup, gives me a mild case of the squitters, I think it will be a marginal game and Ortega"s distro could be costly.
Seeing Phil tonight it seems crazy to not start him in the finals, the only option would be Bernie in the middle for Gundo and Phil on the wing. But no Gundo ?, nice dilemma, best leave it to Pep....

Also in the finals, if Ake, Dias and Akanji are nailed on, who plays RB ? Stones or Walker ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.