Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

A case of after the Lord Mayor's parade, & the horrors of too much alcohol! :-/

We should've been 1-4 up after 30 minutes, so if anyone's found Haaland's shooting boots, can they return them immediately please!

With reports of the squad going out on Sunday night, & several of the squad being left in Manchester as a result, this match was always destined to be one of safety first & fulfilling a dead rubber fixture where we were only playing for pride & to keep our winning sequence going.

Haaland was off colour. Mahrez was totally ineffective & Rodri playing as CB had little control or effect on the match.

In fact Haaland should've been withdrawn on 60 minutes. I'm not in favour of us playing him seemingly just so he can break records. It wasn't his night & we needed an extra body in midfield.

Palmer was effective when he came on, then went quiet for 15 minutes, then came alive for the last 10. I thought Lewis had a good game, but with all the changes in personnel & with little riding on the match, we looked a shadow of our normal self.

I've no issues with the disallowed Haaland goal. It was a clear tug & was adjudged to be enough to put their defender off to give Haaland an unfair advantage.

At least we got a point away & gave a run out to a few of the main players to keep them ticking over. Right now I can't wait for the PL to be over so we can get ourselves together & focused for the two finals we have. Right now our mentality is gonna decide how our season ends & we've gotta get back to our rhythm.

I reckon we'll play a stronger team against Brentford, as we desperately need to get our game-face back on so the balance of our season doesn't implode.

I'm not a misery guts, but surely our squad could wait until the end of the season for a celebratory piss up? We've been here before when our PL season has been won with a few games to go, the rest of the season has fizzled out accordingly & we've found ourselves unable to raise our levels sufficiently again.

Hopefully we'll get ourselves back on it ASAP, so roll on Sunday & the end of a gruelling Premier League season.
I agree 100% and mentioned this yesterday.
The celebrations should have been muted on Sunday and left to the end of the season.
Naivety could kill us.

I was in the Brighton end for that. The Haaland ‘foul’ looked soft on the replay but couldn’t really tell. Should it have stood?

Brighton are such a great side under De Zerbi but their fans are such morons at times. So many closet rags and dippers.
With u here, all wanna be cockneys
Seen more verbals and minor skirmishes here in the last 5 years than everywhere else put together
Anyway home in 6 hours !!

Did the var replay show the pushes-pulls from Colwill on Haaland ? Gutted for those with 40 goal bets, it’s almost like somebody doesn’t want that bet to come in, probably some large bets in Asia
All it needed was a camera angle to show the front of them. I suspect the defender was pulling Haaland's shirt near his collar.

Strangely we saw that very good goal they scored at that end of the pitch from multiple angles, funny that.

Smith on commentary got VAR interested in the ruled out goal, I'm certain.
I said the same in the match thread, noted that it appears a lot. I know commentary team can hear what said in the VAR box (so why can't fans?), but I'm sure VAR will have the match on Sky/BT or whatever and can hear the commentary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.