Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong side, get the three points and keep the run going. History tells us you cannot flick form on like a switch. Its important we keep our foot on the gas now.
Even if we play our strongest team it’s very unlikely that we’ll keep our foot on the gas. It’s just unrealistic to expect the players to play at maximum intensity in the next two matches when it’s the cup games that count. The younger players who started yesterday will play with greater intensity than senior players who are more fatigued and are bound to have the risk of injury at the back of their mind

Best place for parking please?
To honest mate, you're fucked driving. Download your parking space, you'll probably find a drive to park on the Coldean or Moulscombe estate.... 20 minutes walk to the Amex. Alternatively park in Lewes or Portslade/Fishersgate unrestricted parking zones and get the train to Falmer.

The Amex is a fucking ball ache to get out of.

Be nice to maintain our run so we can carry into next season but doesn't matter. I'd take a draw in both this and Sunday just to avoid the feeling of defeat before the two finals.

Brighton need a point for europa league I think, a point would be favorable for both teams at this stage, they helped us by smashing arsenal and giving us a free week, we can repay that by settling for a draw.

Both teams just refusing to go into the final third for 90 minutes would boil some piss.

I'd go similar team to chelsea just rotate out walker and akanji.

Ortega
Lewis
Dias
Laporte
Gomez
Phillips
Gundogan
Foden
Mahrez
Palmer
Alvarez

If we intend to keep kalvin around he should be playing these next two games. Give him a low pressure couple of fixtures to get his confidence up a bit
Don’t think he’ll play both Rodri will play at least one for sharpness.

Even if we play our strongest team it’s very unlikely that we’ll keep our foot on the gas. It’s just unrealistic to expect the players to play at maximum intensity in the next two matches when it’s the cup games that count. The younger players who started yesterday will play with greater intensity than senior players who are more fatigued and are bound to have the risk of injury at the back of their mind

A lot of truth in that. I definitely think he will rotate, to give players rest, but still be hellbent on getting the correct result to keep the momentum and the form correct.

Yes motivation could well be a factor but realistically players like Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez, Walker, Ake (if fit) are not certain starters for either final so I think they will still want to impress to try and impress on the manager their importance.

Also consciously Pep will look back to his Bayern days where they down tools a bit after winning the league and to our own drop in form prior to the final with Chelsea (home loss to Leeds) and not want a repeat. Time will tell with team
selection but fully expect them to be stronger than the side on sunday going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.