Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if Pep just allows us to cruise the next two games. He will want the 94 points to give us a similar target next season and for other teams going for the title the knowledge that 90 points is bare minimum if you want to compete with City next season.

We have set some really high levels in recent months, to just throw them out of the window for 2 weeks is not ideal.

Keep the unbeaten run going.
If Pep was bothered about League points wouldn’t he have put out a stronger starting lineup yesterday? All that matters now are the two cup games.

I agree.

The way Pep has been praising de Zerbi this season i think Pep will put a strong side out and be looking forward to this one and it'll be a good game.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.
I didn’t like what I saw a few years ago when they were allowed to beat us and kick us around the park. Shite ref that day. I’d go half n half cautiously.

Half of the big boys need to play, and then nearly all of them to get a good run out against Breantford. Come Wednesday, they'll have had their week off, most of them. Rhythm and match sharpness are crucial going into those 2 finals.

I didn’t like what I saw a few years ago when they were allowed to beat us and kick us around the park. Shite ref that day. I’d go half n half cautiously.
I didn't either, but whenever i've seen them, they don't seem to be like that season.

I'm hoping de Zerbi has a bit more respect for us and Pep to resort to shithouse tactics and will just want to play the game.

I didn't either, but whenever i've seen them, they don't seem to be like that season.

I'm hoping de Zerbi has a bit more respect for us and Pep to resort to shithouse tactics and will just want to play the game.
I’m sure I remember De Zerbi actually contacted Pep when offered the Brighton job and Pep advised him to go for it, can’t see them giving us a kicking.

2 games in the next 6 days then
2 games in the following 13 days

I suppose this is why we have sports scientists.

The question here is whether we want /need to win the game. If we play the same side as against Chelsea then there's a good chance we'll lose. It's a balance of winning against possible injuries. Do we stick or twist? I'm not really sure. It's a dilemma which pep has to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.