Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Pep continue to rest the 'main' XI up until the FA Cup final or does he start getting them back into the swing of things vs a good team in Brighton and Brentford?

I would be surprised if Pep just allows us to cruise the next two games. He will want the 94 points to give us a similar target next season and for other teams going for the title the knowledge that 90 points is bare minimum if you want to compete with City next season.

We have set some really high levels in recent months, to just throw them out of the window for 2 weeks is not ideal.

Keep the unbeaten run going.

Brighton are an excellent team and they've played some fantastic football this season.

I'd be going strong in this one to keep momentum up and give the lads a thorough work out before rotating against Brentford and working towards the Cup final. We can't rest everyone, we need to keep form and fitness up so I'd go strong in this one. Still 10 days until the cup final so plenty of time to rest. Makes more sense to rest them next Sunday.

Brighton are an excellent team and they've played some fantastic football this season.

I'd be going strong in this one to keep momentum up and give the lads a thorough work out before rotating against Brentford and working towards the Cup final. We can't rest everyone, we need to keep form and fitness up so I'd go strong in this one. Still 10 days until the cup final so plenty of time to rest. Makes more sense to rest them next Sunday.
Sunday is our last competitive match before the FA Cup final and there is a week's rest afterwards so I can see him going strong then in order to keep the first 11 match fit and sharp. Hence, i think we'll see a slightly weaker team on at Brighton. the fact that Brighton are basically guaranteed European football and hence it's not 'disrespecting the competition' also makes me think that.

No they technically need a point but I don't think they'll need anything.

They have to lose an 18 goal swing to Aston Villa, which would be a 6-0 loss to us and then a 6-0 loss to Villa on the last day of the season or something along those lines.

All very unlikely, so they should be good for the Europa League without needing a point.
Thanks , amazing achievement

Kick off time 20:00 (BST).

Remember when this game was a bit of a worry?

Cheers Arsenal.

Now its a game that doesn't really matter for either side; City are champions and Brighton are pretty much guaranteed Europa League football next season, only a 18 goal difference swing to Villa would stop that (they play Villa last game of the season).

If anything the City players are playing for the chance to be involved in both finals.

I thought he would rotate in this one but given the line-up today I imagine it'll be quite a strong team. I think Pep will want to keep up the rhythm going into the final.

Walker and Akanji get their rest but everybody else back in?

If he doesn't go strong here then he probably will against Brentford.
I agree.

The way Pep has been praising de Zerbi this season i think Pep will put a strong side out and be looking forward to this one and it'll be a good game.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.