Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I care!
My thought is that, although the league is won, a few more points would emphasise the difference between the best and the rest.
I don't see Brighton winning the match but a draw is on the cards imo.

It's totally irrelevant. Last time I looked we were 7 points clear of Arsenal with a game in hand. We're 18 points clear of third place and 19 points clear of the rags in fourth. We're not breaking any points records we set ourselves, so personally I couldn't care if we finish 20 points ahead of Arsenal or 1, we won the league .All that matters is we keep everybody fit and ticking over. It's a great chance to test our youth and fringe players against decent opposition. Phillips is a great example, after looking awful in his cameo's he looked quite decent on Sunday.

I'd start Phillips, Palmer and Lewis in both of the remaining games. This is easy. :-)

V Brighton:
.......................Ederson....................
...........Walker Laporte Ake.............
................Lewis ... Rodri..................
Palmer Phillips Gundogan Grealish
.......................Haaland.....................

V Brentford:
........................Ortega.......................
...........Stones ...Dias.......Ake...........
................Lewis .. Peronne...............
Palmer ..Phillips .DeBruyne. .Foden
........................Alvarez.....................
Personally I'd let the Argentine lad stay with the u20 national squad at the world championships ;)

I see people putting Ake in their starting lineup predictions. Is there any update on his fitness? I do hope he gets some meaningful play time these last two league matches and ease himself back into action. We need him fit for the two finals.

I see people putting Ake in their starting lineup predictions. Is there any update on his fitness? I do hope he gets some meaningful play time these last two league matches and ease himself back into action. We need him fit for the two finals.

He said on the pitch on Sunday that he’s about to start training with the team again. I’d be surprised if he’s rushed back for Brighton, maybe Brentford.

It's totally irrelevant. Last time I looked we were 7 points clear of Arsenal with a game in hand. We're 18 points clear of third place and 19 points clear of the rags in fourth. We're not breaking any points records we set ourselves, so personally I couldn't care if we finish 20 points ahead of Arsenal or 1, we won the league .All that matters is we keep everybody fit and ticking over. It's a great chance to test our youth and fringe players against decent opposition. Phillips is a great example, after looking awful in his cameo's he looked quite decent on Sunday.
On the flip side we also have two big finals coming up and we need to keep the first 11 sharp for those. Sensible rotation to give minutes to those without overstressing them is the way IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.