Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no need to play the likes of Stones, Rodri, Haaland, KDB, Bernardo, Dias till the 2 finals. None at all. Let them rest and focus on the finals.
I'm not sure this is ideal. We play much better when we have congestion and momentum - this always shows and why we finish well. It's fine balance between resting and keeping momentum going.

He can rest those who need it across the two games that are now essentially friendlies - but needs to keep them warm, engaged etc..

I remember them kicking fuck out of us just before the Chelsea final. We went 2 up if I recall - Phil scored a brilliant goal.
Then Gundo got a right whack and that seemed to stay with him.
Rodri had an absolute mare and seemed totally out of form going into that final.
Play a second string for me just in case they do it again.

I remember them kicking fuck out of us just before the Chelsea final. We went 2 up if I recall - Phil scored a brilliant goal.
Then Gundo got a right whack and that seemed to stay with him.
Rodri had an absolute mare and seemed totally out of form going into that final.
Play a second string for me just in case they do it again.
Yep second string team against Brighton then go strong against Brentford for the first 60 minutes.

Pep Guardiola: "I prefer to be already champion, but maybe to be really committed vs United and Inter is to be in contention to win the #PL. They have the party, I don't know how they feel. They have to be ready to run a lot. The best way to prepare for the final is be ready..."

listening to Pep it sounds like the team will be stronger than v Chelsea but not full strength. Just my guess.

Mix and match vs both Brighton and Brentford.

Says he wants to win but the two finals are the main focus.

Sounds like he wants momentum AND rest.

Impossible to second guess Pep!

Last edited:
Pep had a lot of praise for Brighton in his press conference and spoke in great detail about how unique their style of play is. Rarely hear him talk like that about other teams and managers. You can tell when he's just being polite and when he's genuinely impressed by them.

Hopefully it's not for a long time yet but when Pep does eventually decide to leave I wouldn't be surprised if he recommends Roberto De Zerbi as his successor.

Pep had a lot of praise for Brighton in his press conference and spoke in great detail about how unique their style of play is. Rarely hear him talk like that about other teams and managers. You can tell when he's just being polite and when he's genuinely impressed by them.

Hopefully it's not for a long time yet but when Pep does eventually decide to leave I wouldn't be surprised if he recommends Roberto De Zerbi as his successor.
Brighton’s algorithms seem to work as well for Managers as Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.