Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - superb?

This is cruel, but anyone pretending you could rely on Joe in one on one's needs a reminder:

Mate, if you're trying to say Joe isn't one of the best in the world at one on ones you must be mad. In fact, in my lifetime I don't even think I've seen a better one on one keeper than Joe. You always had that feeling he'd save it when one on one.

Wow - superb?

This is cruel, but anyone pretending you could rely on Joe in one on one's needs a reminder:

His save at Everton did clinch our 2nd premier league title though if we'd had Bravo in then we wouldn't have that title I'm afraid.Almost forgot to add we had by far and away the best goals scored and best goal difference by a mile, still playing out from our back line is bound to top that this season.

Last edited:
Bravo's debut said it all. Yes Joe had his faults, but Bravo has many, many more. I'd rather have a shot stopper than ball playing keeper (is he even that good?).

Has playing out from the keeper even improved us? As far as I can see it's got us into more trouble than it has created opportunities.

Bravo's debut said it all. Yes Joe had his faults, but Bravo has many, many more. I'd rather have a shot stopper than ball playing keeper (is he even that good?).

Has playing out from the keeper even improved us? As far as I can see it's got us into more trouble than it has created opportunities.

The quick it goes away the quicker it comes back, an example of that was their first goal on Saturday when Kolarov kicked it long and within 30 secs it was in the back of our net IIRC very similar to last seasons home game against the kick and rush champions

The quick it goes away the quicker it comes back, an example of that was their first goal on Saturday when Kolarov kicked it long and within 30 secs it was in the back of our net IIRC very similar to last seasons home game against the kick and rush champions

As opposed to us fannying about playing it from the back that created their 4th goal?

As opposed to us fannying about playing it from the back that created their 4th goal?

Stones has been more guilty of the blind pass and it has cost us 2 goals already he got lucky in another game as well hopefully wont do it again. Most keepers and Joe was more guilty than most, will kick the ball long without much direction, the majority of these balls end up with the opposition. When the ball is played from the back, one of the reasons for our high procession stats, and not fannied around with, it generally results in progression towards goal.

Stones has been more guilty of the blind pass and it has cost us 2 goals already he got lucky in another game as well hopefully wont do it again. Most keepers and Joe was more guilty than most, will kick the ball long without much direction, the majority of these balls end up with the opposition. When the ball is played from the back, one of the reasons for our high procession stats, and not fannied around with, it generally results in progression towards goal.

My point was you wanted to use an example of us getting rid leading to a goal whilst ignoring that passing it about cost us a goal too. I think playing from the back isn't a bad thing I just think you need the players to do it. Bravo can but I have no faith with whoever he then passes it too. A lot of the time we will be under pressure Bravo will find a defender who will just hoof it anyway, why put ourselves under that pressure if its getting pumped up anyway?

That goal wasn't fannying about though was it? It was a simple mistake. An under hit simple ball.
I'd go support WBA if you're expecting a Guardiola team not take on a simple pass back to the keeper.

That goal wasn't fannying about though was it? It was a simple mistake. An under hit simple ball.
I'd go support WBA if you're expecting a Guardiola team not take on a simple pass back to the keeper.

Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.