Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we got the polished version?

You really don't like Joe, do you?

But there are some who would make a reasonable stab at making saves and actually pull some of them off.

Qualification: not high risk at two of the best clubs in the world with settled sides.

I'm sorry but there is no world in which Guardiola arrived in a settled side that was one of the best in the world.

They had just finished 3rd and he replaced 5 of the starting 11.

And then they conceded 20% fewer goals Than the season before, so even if you're stupid enough to believe the myth he joined them when they were already brilliant, he still had a massive effect.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but there is no world in which Guardiola arrived in a settled side that was one of the best in the world.

They had just finished 3rd and he replaced 5 of the starting 11.

And then they conceded 20% fewer goals Than the season before, so even if you're stupid enough to believe the fact he joined them when they were already brilliant, he still had a massive effect.

Save the "stupid" comment. I could equally have called you a blinkered fan-boy but resisted the temptation.

Why not? Because it would ignore more variables than you could shake a stick at. It would be as valid as "proving" Hart was the PL's best goalie because he won the most golden gloves.
I appreciate that but it's impossible to get a truly flawless comparison so I'm willing to take a fairly flawed one.

My main contention is just Bravo is doing so much worse than Hart did. In terms of smaller differences well that's harder to tell as you said.

Think of it as people did before he played in a City shirt - there is no keeper in the world better suited to playing the way we want to in the world. Neuer is more rounded, but it's irrelevant anyway because he's not for sale.

- Bravo was experienced, played this way from the time he was a child.

- He was Barcelona's first choice keeper where he kept 43 clean sheets in 75 games.

- He was MOTM in the copa america final, and his record with Chile is incredible, his saves and quality goalkeeping being one of the main reasons they won 2 Copa America's.

- He is one of the 5 goalkeepers nominated for World team of the year.

- He was recommended by people Pep knew at Barca and he had worked with our goalkeeping coach before.

Whether Bravo "comes good" or not, we will never sign a goalkeeper who ticks all of the boxes prior to signing like he did. He was a renowned shot-stopper and ball playing goalkeeper and he was the perfect singing to be our 'keeper.

So if you're of the opinion that Bravo isn't good enough, make no mistake, this could happen to any goalkeeper we ever sign, because he was good enough in August. Has been for years.

I don't really disagree with you, but from what you've seen in a blue (green yellow etc) shirt he hasn't performed well for us. Granted he's been let down by a poor defence and I hope he does come good.
My primary point was that Joe Hart isn't the answer, maybe it will be Bravo (I need convincing) maybe not, but we need a footballing keeper which Hart will never be. Let's not forget we went first for his Barca team mate and picked up Bravo instead.

Any signing is a risk I just feel that this one, so far hasn't worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.