Bring back the Poznan.

For the smaller games we should do it if we ever get about 4-0 up.

For the bigger games we should do it when the opposition team names are read out.

BRING BACK THE POZNAN

Caveman said:
For the smaller games we should do it if we ever get about 4-0 up.

For the bigger games we should do it when the opposition team names are read out.

BRING BACK THE POZNAN

We've got nothing to lose vs Madrid, might aswell put on a show.

Blue Punter said:
ell said:
Blue Punter said:
Amazed there's only been 2 or 3 negative responses to this.

Watch the clips at Wembley & in derby matches and when the majority join in, it looks awesome. It was usually followed by a big booming "CITY, CITY, CITY!"

As for the negheads who say, "it's dated, move on etc", any suggestions for getting 45,000 people to all do the same thing in synchronisation during the game?

If you can't think of an alternative or improved idea to replace it, I say "Bring Back The Poznan".
Youve got to question why it died in the first place mate, it got boring and people didnt want to do it otherwise it would still be going

Fair comment. We stopped doing it because we were banging goals in left right and centre and perhaps it became a little overused. However Kompany openly stated how much of a lift it gave the team. We did it before the Rags game at the end of the season and the rest is history.

Is singing/chanting boring, because that seems to have dropped off as well. I'm not saying every game, every goal, but now and again would be nice. Madrid game next week when their team is read out?

I would much rather we came up with a chant where we could do a forward facing poznan type thing. Cant be arsed missing any of the game and the Poznan we didnt actually sing (unlike the foreign fans who we knicked it off) a bit like Ajax "whoahohh whoahhohhhh Ajaxxx Amsterdam" chant from the other week.

Doubt many would agree though

Josh Blue said:
We nearly got one going on the spur of the moment vs Dortmund but it fizzled out.

I really think we should get it going again, vs Madrid at the start? Look at the atmosphere Celtic got going against Barca? We have got nothing to lose, lets do it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5RtnXcQ_lw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzXeKDUSvA&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ58FbLTPao&feature=related[/youtube]

Great vids!

Think we should do the Poznan like Wembley when the team details were read out, kind of says up yours to them followed by City,City, City when the City team is read out. Was great at Wembley.

mrtwiceaseason said:
just a shit idea on saturday on 19 mins the villa fans will do their applause for petrov we will no doubt get a kicking in the press for not joining in why dont we do the poznan? should get us good press and respect from fellow fans and we get our poznan back

? shit idea or not ?
I think; join in with the applause during minute19 with Villa...then do the Poznan during minute20.

I guarantee it will spark a bit of atmosphere, if only for five minutes!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
just a shit idea on saturday on 19 mins the villa fans will do their applause for petrov we will no doubt get a kicking in the press for not joining in why dont we do the poznan? should get us good press and respect from fellow fans and we get our poznan back

? shit idea or not ?

Well, let's join in on 19. We'll prob get a slating for musclin' in on a private matter but WTF. We can then do the Poznan on 20 or 21. Mind, I'm hopin' to be three goals to the good on 20!

Think this is the way to go. Join the applause at 19 and then at the end all turn round and do the Poznan. The Villa fans will probably join in so we can have a stadium wide Poznan to welcome it back!

One of the reasons it has disappeared is because the singing section now consider themselves too 'cool' for the Poznan. In their minds they are above it.

Instead they prefer to chant endlessly about the time we beat United 6-1 over a year ago.

ManCityX said:
One of the reasons it has disappeared is because the singing section now consider themselves too 'cool' for the Poznan. In their minds they are above it.

Instead they prefer to chant endlessly about the time we beat United 6-1 over a year ago.

Not true on both levels - the Poznan when it happens normally starts in the singing section and yep songs about the 6-1 but not endlessly

ell said:
Blue Punter said:
ell said:
Youve got to question why it died in the first place mate, it got boring and people didnt want to do it otherwise it would still be going

Fair comment. We stopped doing it because we were banging goals in left right and centre and perhaps it became a little overused. However Kompany openly stated how much of a lift it gave the team. We did it before the Rags game at the end of the season and the rest is history.

Is singing/chanting boring, because that seems to have dropped off as well. I'm not saying every game, every goal, but now and again would be nice. Madrid game next week when their team is read out?

I would much rather we came up with a chant where we could do a forward facing poznan type thing. Cant be arsed missing any of the game and the Poznan we didnt actually sing (unlike the foreign fans who we knicked it off) a bit like Ajax "whoahohh whoahhohhhh Ajaxxx Amsterdam" chant from the other week.

Doubt many would agree though

Edin Dzeko oooooooooo could be THAT chant

ell said:
Been done. Lets think of something new rather than carry on with something everyones bored of (hence why it died)
We need a new thing now. We are city, we are innovative !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.