Bring the Noise

All good atmospheres have a good base of songs, ours took a big hit when Yaya and Zabaleta left imo. We need some good core CITY songs that can be sang at a slower tempo and continually. Just look at any European team on a champions league night.

One of my mates had a work colleague & his mates over from Germany on a 'football tourist weekend' (I know ffs). They were at City-Villa, then Burnley-Chelsea & finally Scousers-Tottenham on Sunday. To a man, they remarked how little atmosphere there was at the Etihad compared to the other grounds.
I hate to say it but I think we are one of the worst in the premier league (perhaps Arsenal just beat us).

This is nonsense. They're comparing apples and oranges. Our game kicked off at 12:30 which is quiet at every ground in the UK. Added that it was pissing it down and everyone halfway down in level 1 (myself included) were getting drenched. Our opponent were a newly promoted side.

Liverpool played a team they faced in last years champions league final. It was also a 4:30 kick-off which mean more drinking time for supporters. If those same fans visited our ground against any of the top 6 clubs, they'd be saying it was great.

As someone who's been to hundreds of away games in recent years, I can guarantee you that our atmosphere is no worse than the majority. In fact, I think we're better than most.

Why do we always kick toward the family stand in the second half of games giving the opposition the opportunity to play toward their support in what could be a crucial part of the game? That and away support is always going to be as vocal as possible...

Maine Road was brilliant for bringing in new young vocal fans.....

Start in the Kippax, get older move to North Stand, Kids in the Platt Lane

FOC's = Main Stand

New young lads stood on the kippax................that's all gone and needs replacing. Fast.

Bring back terracing and The Kippax.

I'd be in the North Stand then these days,eyeing up my position for the Main Stand in 4 or 5 years time...…...

Maine Road was brilliant for bringing in new young vocal fans.....

Start in the Kippax, get older move to North Stand, Kids in the Platt Lane

FOC's = Main Stand

New young lads stood on the kippax................that's all gone and needs replacing. Fast.

Bring back terracing and The Kippax.

And this is why away fans sing more at City, they are all stood up. We have a few sections 'allowed' to stand up and they try to get the atmosphere going. The rest of us, myself included sing occasionally, yet at away games I sing all the songs.

All these villa idiots spouting shite, lets see when we are at their gaff

Apathy, being sober, wanting to simply be entertained, being a bore, not in the mood due to silly kick off times - so many reasons

The teenagers are coming back slowly but surely (my lads 15 had a season ticket for over 10 years) but its nigh on impossible nowadays for him (me) to get him and a couple of his mates tickets together therefore they're left sat with their old fellas whereas they'd much rather sit / stand together.

I'm in South Level 3 right next to the away fans and with the exception of 20 or 30 lads near me in 314 the singing has been virtually none existent up there for the last 2 games.

I genuinely believe that the sound carries well to the rest of the ground from up there so we could easily be the catalyst for a good / decent atmosphere if a good hundred or so singers decided to get more involved

This is nonsense. They're comparing apples and oranges. Our game kicked off at 12:30 which is quiet at every ground in the UK. Added that it was pissing it down and everyone halfway down in level 1 (myself included) were getting drenched. Our opponent were a newly promoted side.

Liverpool played a team they faced in last years champions league final. It was also a 4:30 kick-off which mean more drinking time for supporters. If those same fans visited our ground against any of the top 6 clubs, they'd be saying it was great.

As someone who's been to hundreds of away games in recent years, I can guarantee you that our atmosphere is no worse than the majority. In fact, I think we're better than most.

I agree the atmosphere is influenced by many factors & kick off times, quality of opposition, weather all apply but the reason why I thought it valid was because these opinions weren't opposition fans with an axe to grind. The 12:30 KO is the worst but I'm not sure our 17:30 KO's are all that.

I do 15+ aways a season & I would say that most grounds have more atmosphere than the Etihad has at the moment. I would also say, that even though I've seen us dish out some hidings, I don't remember to many occasions where we outnumbered the home support at the final whistle.

I also sit/stand at the back of 115 and can confirm this....what makes me laugh is that the best atmosphere’s around europe have a drum (palace/celtic/england away to name a few) to help with the singing but wo and behold anyone who brings the idea to the table to bring a drum to city....the knives are out and it is dismissed.
The next minute we have lads to the left of me banging the seats up and down to recreate a drum noise to get the songs going (this gets stopped within minutes by the stewards) maybe a drum isn’t the worst idea ever? I’m 50/50 over the idea but something needs to be done.
Also you would think they would have more bars in the south stand....the most vocal part of the stadium and you can get a hotdog within 4mins but takes 15-20mins to get a beer.
Italian clubs have great atmospheres and loads do not have a drum.

City had three atmospheres last season that I’d argue were the best in the country level (United Liverpool SpursCL) and we didn’t need a drum.

Palace have never had an atmosphere like we did in those^ three games, ever, despite their drum.

Drums at football are shit and aren’t needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

So far this season I think we’ve had, hands down, the worst atmosphere in the country.

Spurs was a hot sunny August Saturday 17:30 kick off, was our first home game of the season, welcoming back the previous season’s domestic quadruple winners and recent CS winners, was our first big game of the season, and the atmosphere was fucking dreadful!

5-0 up after 18mins against Watford and you could hear the players talking to each other on the pitch around the 23min mark, we barely sung after the 5th goal up to half time.

Saturday against Villa was just about the worst atmosphere we’ve had for a Prem game that I can remember. Apart from when the second goal took ages to come back from VAR, and a few times their ’keeper took ages to take a goal kick in the first half, we didn’t outnoise Villa at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
We most definitely need younger fans coming through but it's a simplistic view for anyone to claim that all the younger fans sing and all the older ones don't. From personal experience, that's utter bollocks. Some young fans sing, and some don't. Some older fans sing, and some don't.
I agree mate totally I love seeing young blues coming through and agree we need more but we don't need blues giving other blues grief for being an old cnut stay happy boys & girls &grandads & grandma's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.