Bring the Noise

So after watching city for over 50 years 35of them absolute shit YOU want all us oldies to fuck off or fuck off and die,the are the guys & girls who were renowned for being the best supporters around 20years so it's you young fuckers that need to search deep and find for yourselves what we had then.

Have you actually read my post ?

It was responding to a comment another poster wrote about a new stand being built with 10,000 extra seats for younger fans. My maths ain’t great but surely if they are NEW seats then oldies ( which includes me ) don’t need to go anywhere ???

We may have been renowned for great support in the past but now we are laughed at for being the worst in the country.

We have loads of fans that have been there since we were shit. The majority don’t make a sound at games and fuck off home at 80 mins but that don’t seem to matter.

Younger fans aren’t interested cause the ground is like a fucking morgue every week despite us winning the league 2 seasons on the bounce.

Sad state of affairs

It was responding to a comment another poster wrote about a new stand being built with 10,000 extra seats for younger fans. My maths ain’t great but surely if they are NEW seats then oldies ( which includes me ) don’t need to go anywhere ???

We may have been renowned for great support in the past but now we are laughed at for being the worst in the country.

We have loads of fans that have been there since we were shit. The majority don’t make a sound at games and fuck off home at 80 mins but that don’t seem to matter.

Younger fans aren’t interested cause the ground is like a fucking morgue every week despite us winning the league 2 seasons on the bounce.

Sad state of affairs

While I have to agree on most of your reasoning, I have to say well done to the 65 ,70 year olds who having watched City through the wilderness are reaping the rewards of loyalty. My brother has missed 1 match in 12 years, Russia.

Sad state of affairs
I agree with you mate and if the northstand is expanded and standing it would be nice for under thirties to be given first choice on allocation also singers above that age Of which I know a few I myself only sing occasionally which is a standing joke with the fans who sit round me coz derby day I'm a different animal along with another 100 or so in our block so we can do it when we want here's hoping.

All good atmospheres have a good base of songs, ours took a big hit when Yaya and Zabaleta left imo. We need some good core CITY songs that can be sang at a slower tempo and continually. Just look at any European team on a champions league night.
I totally agree. I've mentioned it before on here about how long and complicated our songs are. It's like we're hoping to get a mercury prize for best lyrics or something. No-one cares how well written or witty our lyrics are we just need to create the noise/atmosphere. It's like the Pep and Artetta song or the bernardo one, they're too long and complicated and they never catch on at home. Even "City till i die" for example. When it was sang slowly would create more of an atmosphere. Yeah it's not original or witty but it's simple and it works.

The day we get a drum is the day I would call it a day.
Never mind a drum we had a full band the other day! That was the most cringyest thing I have ever seen at a football match (after the Letsby avenue speech maybe). If they did that before a Premiership game we'll never here the end of it. Reeked of desperation!

The day we get a drum is the day I would call it a day.

I’d have thought the ’matchday experience’ might have tipped you over the edge by now? ;-)

Apologies for not replaying yet from last night.

Been bombed out today.

Will reply tomorrow.

Off to the match in a bit.

Fingers crossed for a decent atmosphere.

On a serious note Ennis.

I know I can never ever sell the drum idea to you.

And I agree beating a drum to death for 90 minutes is f***ing shite.

But used correctly and sporadically during chants, a drum can keep the chant going and add to the atmosphere.

But yes, less is more.

And in a NS L1 singling block.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.