Bring the Noise

The problem is the 10,000 18-25 year olds required to fill a new stand doesn't exist. I jacked in Euro aways a couple of years ago, as the last trip I went on resembled the film Cocoon !!!

The time to make try and reduce the average age of fans was 10 years ago. That boat sailed and we are left with an old passionless crowd that leave early to avoid the crowds and get back to their cars. Every year it will get a little worse as the crowd grows a year older.
So after watching city for over 50 years 35of them absolute shit YOU want all us oldies to fuck off or fuck off and die,the are the guys & girls who were renowned for being the best supporters around 20years so it's you young fuckers that need to search deep and find for yourselves what we had then.

That’s good to hear. How many fans are involved in 1894?

There is a lot of apathy with the fan base and age doesn’t help either I think. Most of the fans near me are 50 plus. We must have one the of the oldest average age fan bases in the league.

I also think that we expect to win now so people can’t be arsed. The Wolves game was
a good example. Leicester last season the crowd knew what was at stake and respond accordingly (although there was a lot of tension in the air that night). Wolves is 0-0, we aren’t playing well. The crowd instead of raising the roof and giving the players a lift go into the worried mode and it spills onto the pitch. We go 1-0 down and 20% of the stadium leave early within 5 mins. Some at the time of the goal.

I’m not sure what the answer is. I watched QPR against Reading the other night and in the almost empty stand behind the goal they had 6 or so employees waving flags for the whole of the game. I was thinking what the fuck
Is that all about. Sometimes there is too much cheese at football. We are cheese on toast pre game/half time etc so no wonder people
Piss off for a pint. It’s cringeworthy most of it.

Exactly. People need to stop worrying when it's 0-0 and we're not playing well. Just get behind the team - I find it easier to cope when I'm singing as opposed to being stood there in nervous silence. Another thing that winds me up is the amount of fans who stop singing mid-song when the opposition dares to go on the attack. Just keep singing ffs!

Despite all that, we're as loud as any other set of fans in the league when we're fully on it. It's not always the most obvious games either - sometimes you get an obscure one where the fans are up for it more than you'd expect.

So after watching city for over 50 years 35of them absolute shit YOU want all us oldies to fuck off or fuck off and die,the are the guys & girls who were renowned for being the best supporters around 20years so it's you young fuckers that need to search deep and find for yourselves what we had then.

We most definitely need younger fans coming through but it's a simplistic view for anyone to claim that all the younger fans sing and all the older ones don't. From personal experience, that's utter bollocks. Some young fans sing, and some don't. Some older fans sing, and some don't.

I don't think TV scheduling helps with this. Its not like home games always kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. It makes it difficult for people to have a pre-match routine and if they have the temerity to already have plans for the rest of the day they have to factor in the football as well. Nothing worse than the 'scheduling change' emails that are becoming all too frequent.

Pre match I think city square and the surrounding bars should close earlier to encourage people to get in to the stadium. If people then decide to spend that time at the bar fair enough but at least they're already inside and don't have a massive queue to get through.

There's so much that contributes to the poor atmosphere. From the fans mind-set, through to the stadium itself. Club cheese.

There's no way we're the worst in the league though. Like most English crowds, we're good for the big games and dire for the smaller games. This won't change until we accept that fan culture has changed. Clubs like Celtic and Rangers have shown that you can incorporate the Ultras support style with the old fashioned British atmosphere.

The report states 180 Ultras, if true? We,1894, struggle to get 30, 40, or 50 City fans to relocate to the front rows in 115 on a CL night. 1894 are always looking for City fans to relocate for 1 match, to join in the singing, and to help with the displays if possible, but there aren’t many takers, even on BM when we post a thread.

I'm an illustrator and designer. If you guys ever need help with creating new banners give me a shout and I'll be happy to help.

Maine Road was brilliant for bringing in new young vocal fans.....

Start in the Kippax, get older move to North Stand, Kids in the Platt Lane

FOC's = Main Stand

New young lads stood on the kippax................that's all gone and needs replacing. Fast.

Bring back terracing and The Kippax.

Nice idea but it doesn’t work that way. They just carry on watching matches on telly.

Where are all the lads that grew too old for the family stand over the past 10 years ?

Why have most jacked it in ?? Maybe experiencing a couple of decent atmospheres out of 25 league and cup games a season is not enough to get them hooked.

Some on here blame the Johnny Come Lately’s for the dire atmosphere, but now we hope they are going to save us.
Been taking my lads since the age of 5 but they go to uni, get jobs away from Manchester and start having to pay for things themselves so they no longer have STs and go to just a handful of games. Spending £40-£50 for a ticket is not easy when you're in your first job in your early 20s. Maybe the 18-21 bracket needs to be extended to 25 or 26 to give them a chance of affording it while their pay increases as they get older.

One of my mates had a work colleague & his mates over from Germany on a 'football tourist weekend' (I know ffs). They were at City-Villa, then Burnley-Chelsea & finally Scousers-Tottenham on Sunday. To a man, they remarked how little atmosphere there was at the Etihad compared to the other grounds.
I hate to say it but I think we are one of the worst in the premier league (perhaps Arsenal just beat us). Someone said on the previous page that the players should try & engage with the fans more but isn't it the other way round? Since when has deserting the ground with 10 minutes to go become the norm? Even when results were shite, the fans would acknowledge the players efforts at the final whistle - now that would have to be done from the tram or the car park! It appears that all we've achieved with the family stand is to teach our future fans that if the weather looks iffy it OK not to bother & that's it's acceptable to do one with 10 minutes to go.
It was interesting how empty the ground was when Raheem scored a minute after halftime compared to Anfield which looked full as the teams kicked off for the second half. Are the bars just too slow or are we just so complacent?
I don't have any easy answers and am as guilty as many for sometimes not singing & not getting back into my seat for the start of the second half but we have a problem that we are all to some degree responsible for.
Incidentally, can anyone suggest one new UK stadium that has a good atmosphere?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.