Bring the Noise

Between me and you the club are trying. They are very active in trying to improve the atmosphere. They have been working with 1894 for many years. They are receptive to ideas, but they are mindful of the rules and regulations that govern modern day football. To an extent their hands are tied. They are very proactive on safe standing, are supportive of a new singing section in the NS, if and when that is expanded, and they are committed to improving the atmosphere long-term. They help out financially if necessary with the big displays, etc. They also take the wider fan base in to consideration when ideas about improving the atmosphere are discussed at 1894 and Director level. I will probably get shot for posting that, but I’m trying to give a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. City have a team who work with 1894, and work within the club to improve the matchday atmosphere. The team take their jobs very seriously, and are very dedicated. They deserve plenty of credit. Unfortunately most City fans don’t know what goes on behind the scenes as regards improving the atmosphere. The club and 1894 can only do so much. In the end it’s up to the fans to step up and to create a better atmosphere at the Etihad.

Suggestion 1 : The club need to double or triple the number of staff selling food and drink inside the ground. This will mean supporters wouldn't need to leave their seats after 37 minutes worrying they might not get served their half time refreshments or stocks might run out. Keeping them in their seats until the half time whistle should improve noise levels from home fans. Also make sure to order enough pies, chips and beer etc.to avoid running out. Also that way, they should be back in their seats for the second half kick off as well.

Suggestion 2: The club needs to sort out the car parks to speed up getting away from the ground and ask Greater Manchester Passenger Transport to lay on additional numbers of trams. Anything to reduce the exodus on 80 minutes every game for those that fear staying till the final whistle might cause them interminable delays getting home.

In addition, the players need to engage more with the fans inside the ground. Some of them need to take the lead on this (KDB, Sterling, Aguero, Mendy, Bernardo). Not all players feel comfortable "putting it out there" but it would do wonders if the fans feel appreciated and that we are important to the players.

John it’s the midweek factor mate. I am going tomorrow but the midweeks leave me so tired the next day. Not an option for many especially kids on a school night and with piss poor transport links etc. We will get 35 ish I would imagine tomorrow which when you think back to Maine road in its final days would have been bursting at the seams. I have to say I think the atmosphere has been poor in the last two games. I just don’t think the stadium is that condusive to a great atmosphere with the bowl of the second tier being slightly distant. Plus the fact many fans have got older and a bit more complacent. It will only really change if we get operation one end.
Block 114 being ' policed ' has had an effect on the atmosphere

Between me and you the club are trying. They are very active in trying to improve the atmosphere. They have been working with 1894 for many years. They are receptive to ideas, but they are mindful of the rules and regulations that govern modern day football. To an extent their hands are tied. They are very proactive on safe standing, are supportive of a new singing section in the NS, if and when that is expanded, and they are committed to improving the atmosphere long-term. They help out financially if necessary with the big displays, etc. They also take the wider fan base in to consideration when ideas about improving the atmosphere are discussed at 1894 and Director level. I will probably get shot for posting that, but I’m trying to give a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. City have a team who work with 1894, and work within the club to improve the matchday atmosphere. The team take their jobs very seriously, and are very dedicated. They deserve plenty of credit. Unfortunately most City fans don’t know what goes on behind the scenes as regards improving the atmosphere. The club and 1894 can only do so much. In the end it’s up to the fans to step up and to create a better atmosphere at the Etihad.

That’s good to hear. How many fans are involved in 1894?

There is a lot of apathy with the fan base and age doesn’t help either I think. Most of the fans near me are 50 plus. We must have one the of the oldest average age fan bases in the league.

I also think that we expect to win now so people can’t be arsed. The Wolves game was
a good example. Leicester last season the crowd knew what was at stake and respond accordingly (although there was a lot of tension in the air that night). Wolves is 0-0, we aren’t playing well. The crowd instead of raising the roof and giving the players a lift go into the worried mode and it spills onto the pitch. We go 1-0 down and 20% of the stadium leave early within 5 mins. Some at the time of the goal.

I’m not sure what the answer is. I watched QPR against Reading the other night and in the almost empty stand behind the goal they had 6 or so employees waving flags for the whole of the game. I was thinking what the fuck
Is that all about. Sometimes there is too much cheese at football. We are cheese on toast pre game/half time etc so no wonder people
Piss off for a pint. It’s cringeworthy most of it.

If it’s 10,000 kids we would. 10.000 people aged 18-35 would make the difference. The one main demographic that’s been neglected in the ground

We definitely need more 18-35s but we probably need to increase the number of teenagers watching City to achieve that. We need more singers to get back to a tipping points (in the formerly more vocal areas of ground) so that most people feel that they are expected to join in with songs.

We definitely need more 18-35s but we probably need to increase the number of teenagers watching City to achieve that. We need more singers to get back to a tipping points (in the formerly more vocal areas of ground) so that most people feel that they are expected to join in with songs.
It's to difficult now to build a new fanbase, and it's hard to see how the club can accommodate it, the answer to them is let 18-25 regardless of points get tickets while someone who has done the hard yards miss out, this then breeds resentment amongst fans

The problem is the 10,000 18-25 year olds required to fill a new stand doesn't exist. I jacked in Euro aways a couple of years ago, as the last trip I went on resembled the film Cocoon !!!

The time to make try and reduce the average age of fans was 10 years ago. That boat sailed and we are left with an old passionless crowd that leave early to avoid the crowds and get back to their cars. Every year it will get a little worse as the crowd grows a year older.

The problem is the 10,000 18-25 year olds required to fill a new stand doesn't exist. I jacked in Euro aways a couple of years ago, as the last trip I went on resembled the film Cocoon !!!

The time to make try and reduce the average age of fans was 10 years ago. That boat sailed and we are left with an old passionless crowd that leave early to avoid the crowds and get back to their cars. Every year it will get a little worse as the crowd grows a year older.
Yeah but walk around town and there are more kids in City shirts than Utd shirts these days, a certain % of them will end up at the match. Ten years time and we'll have tens of thousands of 18-30 lads at the match.

Yeah but walk around town and there are more kids in City shirts than Utd shirts these days, a certain % of them will end up at the match. Ten years time and we'll have tens of thousands of 18-30 lads at the match.

Nice idea but it doesn’t work that way. They just carry on watching matches on telly.

Where are all the lads that grew too old for the family stand over the past 10 years ?

Why have most jacked it in ?? Maybe experiencing a couple of decent atmospheres out of 25 league and cup games a season is not enough to get them hooked.

Some on here blame the Johnny Come Lately’s for the dire atmosphere, but now we hope they are going to save us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.