Bristol City (A) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

I don't think that was a good performance by any measure till Foden's shot went in off their defender and we pulled away.

Foden, Dias and Ake looked really good.

Philips was all over the place giving balls away, knocking ball away instead of passing.. Rico actually looked like he plays DM better than him.

And Julian was invisible at times.. with the same problems of our midfield not being able to find the striker with a key pass problem against a mid level championship team.

I know it says 3 goal win but didn't feel like it.

Our players needs to seriously wake up for Newcastle as that'll be a much harder game and RB Leipzig can transition much better than Bristol City and we weren't controlling them today.
Phillips had better pass completion than Rico, off more passes, and 90.8% completion hardly counts as giving the ball away all over the place.

Good win. They played well I thought. Very energetic and tenacious.

Phillips should be shining in games like this and he just isn’t. Either he can’t be arsed, is struggling with confidence or isn’t good enough.

I still think the three at the back inverted stuff makes us look awkward and far to easy to cut through.

Alverez is better as a ten than a focal point. So far.

The spine of the team is the most important for me. And it looks weak without Rodri.
The defensive set up just isn’t right and hasn’t been all year. And we have played virtually every possible permutation!

KDB finally scoring, Foden back in form, Rodri resting, Haaland resting, Ake doing well, got a clean sheet. Good day overall.

On to Newcastle! Cmon City!
Ake deserves so much credit. He’s grown into this side and he gives so much in a position we are struggling in. He can defend well and showing he has a bit going forward as well. Real top player who has been a godsend.

Ffs what are you on man?
Phil Foden said, ‘I don’t think that was a three-nil game to be honest’ in his post-match interview.

If they’d equalised to make it 1-1 during that good spell in the second half, they’d have deserved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.