Bristol City (Carabao Cup SF) Post Match Thread

PEP: We are so happy to be there (in the final). For everybody involved. "It was an amazing game. These kind of games never end until the end! "It is a good lesson for Cardiff and for the Champions League - play until the 90 minutes. (i said that,just saying)

PEP: We saw what happened after 0-2. We knew if we scored two goals it would be easier. "Maybe we should have scored three or four goals. In the end, there were one or two minutes left and it was 2-2 - anything can happen.

PEP: We won a lot of games over six or seven months. "That belongs to us and nobody can take away what we have done but all teams are judged by the titles they win. "Chelsea and Arsenal are strong teams. Anything can happen."

While I'm saying John did not exactly appear solid in previous games, when Claudio wasn't playing, was he?

John hasn't looked great since coming back from injury, but the fact he was actually to blame for us conceding two goals today, instead of the usual one. Make of that what you will.

Are you going to ignore what I said about Otamendi? He was haphazard last season and most of his decent performances, but for one or two, came under Caballero. This season he's been among the best CBs in the league with Ederson behind him, but today was off.

And it's hardly irrelevant since Claudio has proven reliable this season.

To you maybe, that says nothing for our defenders.

So I'm not going to play this ridiculous blame game. It's unfair. I think this forum has had enough of that last season, I'm sure you would agree we should leave it behind?

They had enough of it last season because Bravo was shite, on a historic level. He got the hook for Willy in January and had, at that time, let in 19 of his previous 24 shots on target faced, a Premier League record. Tonight Bristol City had 5 shots, 2 on target and both ended in goals.

That said, I'm not blaming him for his performances this season, I'm saying it's obvious that some of our defenders continue to not have confidence in him. Otamendi looking shaky today is proof enough that this is the case.

Great to be going back to Wembley.

Kev was superb as ever, his passing is just unreal, not just the direction but the weight on the pass for Aguero's goal was a thing of beauty.

The defence worries me and especially Stones. Appreciate Ederson was not playing, but Stones looks like the player of last season, anxious, lacks concentration and is too easily pushed off the ball.

Our defense needs to buck up big time if we want to proceed to the latter stages of the CL.

There is an awful lot of blaming going on here, but we have made it to a Wembly final ffs.

These players are playing at a extremely high technical level of football, with incredibly small margins of error. When they make mistakes it often looks bad, but these are the risks we have to take to play the way we do.

Just f**king enjoy it, and hope we don't go back to the turgid football we used to play any time soon, because they were dark times.

Stones was partly to blame for the first goal - the second was a joint cock up for me. Too many people on here giving him a hard time with some embarrassing posts. The man has just come back from a long lay off - if the rumours about Laporte are true we can have more rotation of the centre backs. We need to remember that before his injury he was the best defender in the Premiership and he will be again.

Wow what a side you fielded tonight we tried hard but struggled to live with you and neither should we. Great pity we didn’t manage to draw on the night. Class tells and did. You have the best footballer in the country. Cheers, hopefully just for now.

Well played Bristol City, good effort. And at least we restored some pride to Manchester after their previous victims. What colour is Manchester, by the way????
Ferna bossed it tonight. Bernardo looking good to. Agree with others that our centre of defence, particularly Stones, is looking shocking. But I’m sure he’ll come good again. Need to be finishing off games with the dominance we have as better teams will surely punish us. Anyway, onwards & upwards........Wembley here we come!

Bernadro is taking time, but bit by bit, he is turning into the player we saw at Monaco & hasn't really 'arrived' yet. Much more to come I think.

Augurs well for next season, as it could be like signing him all over again, but better.

I'm just pleased Kompany is fit.

I think his influence on Stones & Otamendi last season was immense & it will be no surprise if Stones turns the corner again with Vinny in the picture. If he stops playing, we should use him as a coach.

If it doesn't improve, he'll be starting (or Laporte will).
Vk’s presence can as you say only be positive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.