Brit stand up comics

Stewart Lee? He’s pretty big now in terms of his tours and audience size. Doesn’t really fit the act as much that he is, and he’s said that himself, so I’d probably agree with niche still.
A comedians comedian. Much like Sean Lock. Intelligent humour with no real punchlines more punchbacks.

Intelligent...and if I'm in the mood, very funny. Great with an audience.

Al Murray is probably the best at working the front two rows. Memory man.

A comedians comedian. Much like Sean Lock. Intelligent humour with no real punchlines more punchbacks.

Yes I do need to be in the right mood for watching Lee but when I am, I think he’s absolutely superb and the cleverest comedian out there.

It took me a while to get him due to that, now I love him. Someone said earlier in the thread he appeals to lefties. Thats part of why the act works so well, he takes the piss out of them more than anyone else and a lot of people who either are or think are his audience don’t realise it. Well, that and himself. It’s satire on such an amazing level.

Agree about Al Murray too.

Yes I do need to be in the right mood for watching Lee but when I am, I think he’s absolutely superb and the cleverest comedian out there.

It took me a while to get him due to that, now I love him. Someone said earlier in the thread he appeals to lefties. Thats part of why the act works so well, he takes the piss out of them more than anyone else and a lot of people who either are or think are his audience don’t realise it. Well, that and himself. It’s satire on such an amazing level.

Agree about Al Murray too.
100% on Lee. He’s a bit like the Simpsons. There is comedy on all levels so “kids” will still find some of it funny but not get the more sophisticated stuff.

He’s someone you need to commit more concentration to than most other comedians, so it is an acquired taste for me.

Old Izzard was superb. Bill Bailey is awesome. Quite like James Acaster, but feel he needs to evolve a little bit to become top tier.

Milton Jones was a fun night out too. Silly, but great one liners. Stewart Francis was better, but not British, so doesn’t count for this thread!

100% on Lee. He’s a bit like the Simpsons. There is comedy on all levels so “kids” will still find some of it funny but not get the more sophisticated stuff.

He’s someone you need to commit more concentration to than most other comedians, so it is an acquired taste for me.

Old Izzard was superb. Bill Bailey is awesome. Quite like James Acaster, but feel he needs to evolve a little bit to become too tier.

Milton Jones was a fun night out too. Silly, but great one liners. Stewart Francis was better, but not British, so doesn’t count for this thread!

I’d agree with all of that. Watched an interview with Billy Connelly recently where he was asked about who he likes nowadays and he said Stewart Lee and James Acaster.

Izzard back in the day was just brilliant. I saw him in London once, around the time he was doing Glorious and was sat next to David Bowie. One of the best nights of my life!

Agree about Milton Jones and Stewart Francis too.

Not British but Tom Stade is brilliant at working the front rows

Obviously joking about Rosie. Stewart Lee is very good. The princess Diana sketch is brilliant.

Dylan Moran and Gervais. I prefer sketch comedy over standup really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.