Brit stand up comics

When you look back at the likes of those who were on The Comedians, you watched and went into work the next day and shared the joke with colleagues at work. They were jokes. Not related to each other, just jokes that usually simply took the piss out of someone..
Now "comedians" have a routine based on a story they've written or experienced with funny bits added / exaggerated to produce laughs.
I listen to Hawksbee and Jacob's on Talk Bollocks and it seems to be daily they are interviewing some comedian I've never heard of plugging his new tour, and they are always asked "what can we expect on this tour" and "jokes" is never the answer..... it's always a story with a plot.......

When you look back at the likes of those who were on The Comedians, you watched and went into work the next day and shared the joke with colleagues at work. They were jokes. Not related to each other, just jokes that usually simply took the piss out of someone..
Now "comedians" have a routine based on a story they've written or experienced with funny bits added / exaggerated to produce laughs.
I listen to Hawksbee and Jacob's on Talk Bollocks and it seems to be daily they are interviewing some comedian I've never heard of plugging his new tour, and they are always asked "what can we expect on this tour" and "jokes" is never the answer..... it's always a story with a plot.......

There’s still a few comedians that just do purely joke routines too. Personally I only like them for shorter sets though as the hit count can be pretty low. Something like the comedians, you’ve got to remember that’s their best material.

He’s not as good as that Bernard Manning you used to have in the old days
A lot of hate for Manning's brand of comedy. It was excessively foul mouthed, sexist and extremely racially motivated humour. Obviously not acceptable in today's society.
The chip shop joke is just funny though as we're lots of his jokes

Quite like simon brodkin I think his jason bent character is quite true to life

Quite like simon brodkin I think his jason bent character is quite true to life
I realise I'm replying to my self but quick Google search and didn't realise he was a City fan ( should probably have put this in famous fans bit on the forum)

Is this a Morrissey fan bemoaning performers being a bit self-indulgent?

A lot of hate for Manning's brand of comedy. It was excessively foul mouthed, sexist and extremely racially motivated humour. Obviously not acceptable in today's society.
The chip shop joke is just funny though as we're lots of his jokes
Mark Lamarr interview the amount of gags in 7 minutes amazing.

There's only one Jimmy Tarbuck.......

Thank fuck!

I didn't think I'd like Mickey Flanagan but that 'Out Out' show was funny, the 'finger' story was so true!

Stu Francis, great one liners!

Most of the others are lucky if I manage one smile!
Stu Francis?
1728651537204.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.